• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overwhelmed but I have vibergs on my feet 😎 5DCA955A-68DB-4BAB-BF6A-F0E724265E20.jpeg 15BA62F4-2642-4E41-B69D-3F0AAAD34A72.jpeg

Drneum

Reaction score
I reached out to Viberg about the sizing for the 110 last on this new 145 Oxford. They say they've been recommending 1.5 down from Brannock for the 110 last (which is strange because the product page says 1 down). Based on that recommendation I switched my order of the dark rubber Dublin from 7.5 to 7. I usually get 7.5 in 2030 and 1035 so hope this works! There's one more 7.5 available now if someone missed it before.

Drneum

Reaction score
You shouldn’t size down because a last is wider. The 110 last is shorter than 2030, if anything you should size up .5. In the end not all lasts work for everyone, and 110 doesn’t work for people with low volume feet.
I purchased the withered fig 145 Franklin ii in 7.5 (1035 last) but had to return it because it felt huge in length and width even though other 1035s fit me in 7.5. That experience contributed to my concern that the 7.5 in the 110 would feel similarly big and it might be worth a try to see what the 7 feels like. I definitely might be wrong based on what you're saying but worth a try I guess.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You shouldn’t size down because a last is wider. The 110 last is shorter than 2030, if anything you should size up .5. In the end not all lasts work for everyone, and 110 doesn’t work for people with low volume feet.
It's not short, the 2030 is considered an elongated last, You should be excess space in the toe. In the 110, less so, though never should your toes touch the end even as you walk, unless you hate having toenails.

That said, yes, the 110 is much better for higher volume feet, or those who just like a higher volume shoe. Personally , of all my Vibergs. my double midsole custom pair in the 110 last gets by far the most wear. I also like a chunky streetwear look, but even in comfort alone, it stands, for me, head and shoulders above.

Drneum

Reaction score
It's not short, the 2030 is considered an elongated last, You should be excess space in the toe. In the 110, less so, though never should your toes touch the end even as you walk, unless you hate having toenails.

That said, yes, the 110 is much better for higher volume feet, or those who just like a higher volume shoe. Personally , of all my Vibergs. my double midsole custom pair in the 110 last gets by far the most wear. I also like a chunky streetwear look, but even in comfort alone, it stands, for me, head and shoulders above.
Do you go down 1/2 or 1 from Brannock on the 2030?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you go down 1/2 or 1 from Brannock on the 2030?
I don't ever use the Brannock, so I wouldn't know, but I wear a size 9.5 in the 2030, though I could easily go with a size 10, and my size in say, Trickers 2297 (is that the standard last?) is a UK 9.5, but also sometimes a 10.

nareichert

Reaction score

I never said it was a short last, I said it was shorter than the 2030 last, which most people who own Viberg boots use as their baseline.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jj_fl