• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not one produced by Viberg?

+1. To be honest, I've never really understood these Viberg oxfords. Are they intended to be worn casually (somewhat strange for a simple cap toe oxford with a 270 flat welt) or dressed up (which their lasts don't really work with)? Can't say I'm shocked they only sold 4 pairs in the last run

WatchesCars

Reaction score
Even the 2020 calvados shell oxford seemed too round compared to a standard dress oxford. Loved the leather and design but viberg really needs to create a new last for their bastion oxford. Just doesn't look dressy enough with the 2020 last and certainly not with the 2030 last. The lace design is purposely dressy so not sure what casual style suits it over their classic derby design.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1. To be honest, I've never really understood these Viberg oxfords. Are they intended to be worn casually (somewhat strange for a simple cap toe oxford with a 270 flat welt) or dressed up (which their lasts don't really work with)? Can't say I'm shocked they only sold 4 pairs in the last run
I’d say they’re a casual shoe. Ive always thought captoes by their nature were a casual feature.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even the 2020 calvados shell oxford seemed too round compared to a standard dress oxford. Loved the leather and design but viberg really needs to create a new last for their bastion oxford. Just doesn't look dressy enough with the 2020 last and certainly not with the 2030 last. The lace design is purposely dressy so not sure what casual style suits it over their classic derby design.
Speaking of which, someone just listed a pair on g******.com, size 11.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, someone just listed a pair on g******.com, size 11.
I'm still salty I missed the halkett SBs ngl.

Jpto

Reaction score
Can't say enough good things about Division Road and their customer service. Every time I am in Seattle, which used to be monthly pre-covid, I make a point of stopping in. Great store!

I really want to buy from Division Road but the two times I've tried to buy from them they insisted that my sizing was wrong and that I should go 1.5 sizes down from Brannock.

They mentioned a tight toe box will ease, welt overhang isn't a big deal and since they're the biggest Viberg dealer, their knowledge of my unseen foot over rides all of my previous boot purchases and advice that I got from Viberg directly.

Maybe people consider this good customer service but it's strange how they insist on sizing down so much.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want to buy from Division Road but the two times I've tried to buy from them they insisted that my sizing was wrong and that I should go 1.5 sizes down from Brannock.

They mentioned a tight toe box will ease, welt overhang isn't a big deal and since they're the biggest Viberg dealer, their knowledge of my unseen foot over rides all of my previous boot purchases and advice that I got from Viberg directly.

Maybe people consider this good customer service but it's strange how they insist on sizing down so much.

To each their own. You know your foot/shape the best, sure they may know Viberg sizing better. Give it a shot, if the fit doesn’t work, I’m sure they’ll exchange it for you

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To each their own. You know your foot/shape the best, sure they may know Viberg sizing better. Give it a shot, if the fit doesn’t work, I’m sure they’ll exchange it for you
I wonder if anyone has ever asked and been granted an exchange after trying to get them to stretch to fit, as DR advocates. Certainly wouldn't be in salable condition any longer.

bootyboy

Reaction score

1615837287011.gif

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has ever asked and been granted an exchange after trying to get them to stretch to fit, as DR advocates. Certainly wouldn't be in salable condition any longer.

Probably not. I think you’d have a pretty good idea on the initial try on if they’ll work or not, regardless of stretch.

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
My first pair from them I went down 1 from Brannock (7.5) and they were too big, I could easily fit a finger between the heel and my foot. Exchanged for a 7 and it’s been my size for all lasts I’ve owned so far.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads