• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was really bummed that the size 11 from the latest withered fig release was defective. Whatever tool they use to form the vamp ended up burning/marking the leather

View attachment 1535841
Viberg suggested they try blending VSC in that area to minimize the contrast. Richard treated the whole boot to match

View attachment 1535842
One pair was being sold as seconds, the other as firsts (after treatment). I was intrigued by the “dusty” look of the untreated pair, but I took a chance on the treated version and I am not disappointed.

That's not a defect, it's a feature!

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's not a defect, it's a feature!
F77CA8EE-ED2F-4D72-A600-998B6585C033.jpeg

TennesseeWill

Reaction score
Very nice. I didn't even realize those were natural cxl based on their lab pics. How do those fit relative to a 2030 or 1035? I love a good leather sole ala Lucchese Jonahs but they're truthfully almost comically slipery on anything other than black top. I would likely trade my chunky natural Lofgrens for those. Great alternative.

The leather sole is why I decided to try the Viberg instead of the Lucchese. You’re right, comically slippery.

Depending on the leather used, you still get the chunk. This CXL pair is thick leather. You feel the heft of it, like a riding jacket on your foot.

Can’t speak to the lasts directly. I only own the 2050 lasts. Indirectly, in asking Division Road, the 2030 is a little wider, and a little shorter. It’s the extended toe on the 2050 that works well for my foot, which I was told isn’t on the 2030.

Someone here might be able to better answer that for you.

Last edited:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all that are curious about the Maryam 1060 boots.

I know Viberg said no bump toe HB from now on, but I really really want that on 310 last.....

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads