• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2030 = Alden Barrie size. I would suggest using the search function in this thread as it will yield you a lot of great info

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, one last reference to these questions of mine and then I'll move aside.
As for the lasts, 'just email Viberg' is advice that could apply to a large percentage of the questions asked on this forum.

I will do that, and thank you.

Concerning Dr Sole, that was a live link as it is now. If you bother to click on it all will be revealed.
Your google fu needs some work if a reference to Dr Sole brings up nothing.

bosh

Reaction score
Would it be possible to remove the arrow stitching on the Cabourn x Viberg chukka? Would I be left with holes in the boot? Probably a stupid question but the arrow is a deal breaker.

nixda

Reaction score
Nixda - those look fantastic. Congrats. Great to hear they are comfortable. Is that suede or rough out CXL? Curious about the dark spots - what caused them? They look fine -- and convey a broken in look to the boot -- but have you ever tried/ had any success cleaning those off? I have Quoddy and Yuketen suede shoes that are 4-5 years old, get tons of wear but haven't developed dark spots that I've seen in several Viberg boot pics.

Thanks and sorry for the late response. I only check this thread once in a while.

The dark spots are from my jeans. I wear Iron Heart so it's the natural indigo rubbing off. I haven't tried to clean it much and don't think it really will. I don't mind it. Actually kind of like it. I did clean the rest of the shoes with a brush and some mild detergent with warm water though. That seems to get most dirt and grime out easily.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, one last reference to these questions of mine and then I'll move aside.
As for the lasts, 'just email Viberg' is advice that could apply to a large percentage of the questions asked on this forum.

I will do that, and thank you.

Concerning Dr Sole, that was a live link as it is now. If you bother to click on it all will be revealed.
Your google fu needs some work if a reference to Dr Sole brings up nothing.

I don't see any problem with these questions. (And in fact, I was very interested to see that Dr Sole site; many of us here end up resoling boots and it is relevant info). What I've always liked about the Viberg and the White's boot boards is that the folks on them tend to err on the side of friendliness and informativeness, unlike some other boards. No need to change that...

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, Dr Sole has an almost [dedicated] thread @SuFu if one really needs to know about the resoling part.
It's just that asking it here, kinda out of topic [with the link], seems like spamming ;)

Last edited:

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not off topic in my view, since I was asking about the application of the product on Viberg boots specifically.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will also ask Viberg via email if they would consider using a Dr Sole product on a new order, since my major concern is traction without unnecessary lug-age.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will also ask Viberg via email if they would consider using a Dr Sole product on a new order, since my major concern is traction without unnecessary lug-age.

If my concern is traction or longevity, I go Dainite or Commando sole. Otherwise, JR leather soles.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I've read Dainite soles' durometer is too high and becomes hard as rock at low temps (eg -30) and the commando is a little too aggressive looks-wise. I may have to compromise and get a warm and cold season pair.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterpeter2