• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dpr422

Reaction score
One day...I woke up and all of my Viberg Captoe's were straight....ahhh nope was still dreaming....
I am with you, but like the character it gives each pair of boots, unless they are way off :). I will say that I love the cxls after wearing them for the past few weeks. A much different boot compared to the bisons I bought last year.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am with you, but like the character it gives each pair of boots, unless they are way off :). I will say that I love the cxls after wearing them for the past few weeks. A much different boot compared to the bisons I bought last year.
How far off is way off

IMG_5125.JPG

Dpr422

Reaction score
There was a picture posted within the last few months on this site (I could not find it) where an obvious mistake was made. Both pairs of my Vibergs have a slight variation in the line across the toe, but nothing drastic. I purchased both pairs without previous inspection, but crossed my fingers that Brooklyn gave each pair a good look before shipping them. All good....

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a picture posted within the last few months on this site (I could not find it) where an obvious mistake was made. Both pairs of my Vibergs have a slight variation in the line across the toe, but nothing drastic. I purchased both pairs without previous inspection, but crossed my fingers that Brooklyn gave each pair a good look before shipping them. All good....
Slight variation I can understand. Completely different angle...anyway now I get to play the waiting game. I think going through a stockist when possible is the best bet.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yet another reason I don’t like cap toes.
Cap toes on my dress shoes.
Plain toes on my boots.

Much easier or sure. I just have never liked the way a plain toe looks.

On another note did anyone ever pick up Division Road's make up in the Natural Dublin? Between this issue with this pair I got and DR's limited and final sale, I'm having some serious FOMO
about picking them up or not.

z8k1n

Reaction score
Vibros, I'm going to sell my Mocha shell size 8. They are still BNIB, hit me up if interested / want to offer them here first.. Will list in usual places after the 1st if no bites.
Only moving as one of my resolution is to pare back the pairs.

gte872h

Reaction score
Much easier or sure. I just have never liked the way a plain toe looks.

On another note did anyone ever pick up Division Road's make up in the Natural Dublin? Between this issue with this pair I got and DR's limited and final sale, I'm having some serious FOMO
about picking them up or not.

I’d recommend sending the crust boots back for a refund. The crust leather will darken significantly past where you preferences are from what you’ve said before. I do not think unfinished leather will be to your liking besides the curved cap toe issue. Just my two cents opinion.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d recommend sending the crust boots back for a refund. The crust leather will darken significantly past where you preferences are from what you’ve said before. I do not think unfinished leather will be to your liking besides the curved cap toe issue. Just my two cents opinion.

Basically what I was thinking. These arrived much darker then depicted on the website, but they have been growing on me. I think depending on their response (and how long it takes to get one) I may just ditch them all together. Might just need to go bootless for a while until a stockist releases something I dig a lot.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everytime I try to go cold turkey, Division Road releases another killer make-up...
I know. I got super close to grabbing those Dublins but decided I needed to cool my heels. Couldn't find enough/photos info on it being used in footwear and the pros and cons. And Griz mentioned he didn't like it, and he knows better than I do. I wish DR did more makeups with unstructured toes. Anyway, I am clearly being neurotic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads