• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone sized down 1.5 from their brannock on the 2030 last?
I have narrow feet (C-width) and am wondering about the fit.

I tried it once on a great deal of a boot and it was too tight for me...I am an E width. Also felt it was on the short side.

Nvspwndamnstr39

Reaction score
cleaning out photos as the end of the year approaches. here's a random shot of my Rivet and Hide boonies on 2030 with Kapital Century Denim. Pardon my un-marvament-esque photography skills

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
If anyone snagged the last pair of Notre arabica suede on the 2030 on vibram in 11.5 and they don't work, let me know, I MIGHT be interested.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it a tough choice for you all whether to buy Vibergs on sale or Yeezy boots at Notre?

Hardy har har.
lol8[1].gif

aspasp

Reaction score
I'm a 8.5 in nike, 7.5 in alden chukkas, and 40 in common projects, 6.5UK in carmina - any advice on Viberg, in particular for the 2030 last, but in general as well?

Last edited:

biabia

Reaction score
I'm a 8.5 in nike, 7.5 in alden chukkas, and 40 in common projects, 6.5UK in carmina - any advice on Viberg, in particular for the 2030 last, but in general as well?

Probably 7.5 in 2030. If your Alden is Trubalance then your 2030 size is likely to be the same.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually think you're a 7. The Aldens your are referring to are on Aberdeen, correct? I'm generally 9 in Nikes, 7.5 in Alden Barrie/Tru-balance, 7 in Carmina Forest/Rain and 7.5 in the Viberg 2030.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually think you're a 7. The Aldens your are referring to are on Aberdeen, correct? I'm generally 9 in Nikes, 7.5 in Alden Barrie/Tru-balance, 7 in Carmina Forest/Rain and 7.5 in the Viberg 2030.

Man that is so weird. I'm generally a 10.5 in Nikes and I have to take a 10 in 2030. It's insane to me that you could size down 1.5 from your Nike size. I probably just have a large forefoot.

Is 2030 the narrowest last for Viberg?

Last edited:

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man that is so weird. I'm generally a 10.5 in Nikes and I have to take a 10 in 2030. It's insane to me that you could size down 1.5 from your Nike size. I probably just have a large forefoot.

Is 2030 the narrowest last for Viberg?

In truth I only buy Nike maybe once a year to work out in. I've worn 8.5 in the past but recently find 9 in the flyknit the most comfortable. I have plenty more experience with Alden/Viberg fitting but posted my Nike size for the sake of the OP.

Whirling

Reaction score
People's relative sizing varies so much because people choose sizes based on different limiting factors on their feet. Also, some people are almost certainly getting the wrong size in some of their footwear. Sometimes, they get the wrong size because they need a different width than is available. Still, I bet there is a half-size worth of margin in heel-to-ball length and footwear size.

I have long heel-to-ball lengths, so I get Viberg 2030 and work boots in 10, which is only a half-size down from my USA Brannock of 10.5C. I am not certain that 9.5 wouldn't be good. Some steel-toe Vibergs in 9.5 seemed a tad short, but that might not be a good indicator because they need thick sock, which take up length in addition to volume/width.

I wear an 11 (or rarely 11.5) in most athletic shoes.

jlchau

Reaction score
Anyone have sizing experience with 1035 scout boots? I've only tried 1035 on a derby shoe where 7.5 (8 on the derby shoe had too my slippage) is good for me there, but there's only an 8 available for some boots I'm looking at. I do wear an 8 on all 2030s. I should probably just pass on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads