• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nvspwndamnstr39

Reaction score

I like that double? leather sole too.

I'm in the same boat. Size 10.5.

That's why I'm getting the SCSB Natural Waxed Boot on the 110 in this rounds GMTO.

On a Vibram 705 half sole and heel.

Not a model Viberg will likely make again.

I plunked down for the RydenFrank chelseas. Have about 10 service boots currently, so I passed on the service boot gmto's. The 110 still confuses me; unlike many here, I like how the 2030 works for my feet.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plunked down for the RydenFrank chelseas. Have about 10 service boots currently, so I passed on the service boot gmto's. The 110 still confuses me; unlike many here, I like how the 2030 works for my feet.
I think many here agree with you about the 2030.

The 110 is more of a rugged work boot last. To me, the 2030's seems like a dressier boot.

When I got my first 110's I had only owned the 1035, which fit my feet perfectly.

When I tried on the 110's I said "Whoa, I think these are big on me". But after wearing thicker socks, they fit great and are my favorite last. The shape is awesome to my eyes...

While I don't plan to own any 2030's, I sort of feel about them like you do about the 110.

Whatever works for us is best!

Last edited:

SoyBoy2

Reaction score
Two more days, gentlemen. And we are not up to the minimum for any of the 3 last GMTOs yet. Let's get this done so that we get our boots ASAP.

Cheers,

Fok.

Thanks for the reminder Fok. I am all in for the Chelsea and it has hit the limit. I also voted and paid for the SpyMaster.

Lets go boys - pull out the wallet, live large and giit yourself a pair of those Black Waxed Flesh SpyMasters - you know you want too!! Cheers.

Cole87

Reaction score

The 110 is more of a rugged work boot last. To me, the 2030's seems like a dressier boot.

When I got my first 110's I had only owned the 1035, which fit my feet perfectly.

When I tried on the 110's I said "Whoa, I think these are big on me". But after wearing thicker socks, they fit great and are my favorite last. The shape is awesome to my eyes...

While I don't plan to own any 2030's, I sort of feel about them like you do about the 110.

I think it really just comes down to personal style and also varies hugely on type of leather. You could probably get away with dressing up 110 if it was unstructured with shell cordovan. However, 2030 isn't even a dressy last when compared to real dress shoes. The nice thing about 2030 is that you can easily get away with dressing it up and dressing it down. If you look at this pic I posted on WIWT before, wearing my 2030 black camels casually, I don't think they look dressy at all, but then I wear them to work with a button-up, tie, and slacks and they look just as fitting.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it really just comes down to personal style and also varies hugely on type of leather. You could probably get away with dressing up 110 if it was unstructured with shell cordovan. However, 2030 isn't even a dressy last when compared to real dress shoes. The nice thing about 2030 is that you can easily get away with dressing it up and dressing it down. If you look at this pic I posted on WIWT before, wearing my 2030 black camels casually, I don't think they look dressy at all, but then I wear them to work with a button-up, tie, and slacks and they look just as fitting.

Those look good. You're right, not dressy. 2030's probably a better choice there with the tapered denim....If you didn't tell me they were 2030's I'd a guessed 1035's.

I don't know if I could, or want to, dress up 110's beyond denim. Maybe chinos and a button down with my 110 Half Japanese Oxfords or Route 10 chukkas though. I might be able to dress up best my smoke reverse kudus on the 1035...

I think for anything dressier I'd go Alden or Vass et. al..

Maybe someday I'll try a pair of 2030's.....

Thanks for posting the pic.

Cole87

Reaction score
Those look good. You're right, not dressy. 2030's probably a better choice there with the tapered denim....If you didn't tell me they were 2030's I'd a guessed 1035's.

I don't know if I could, or want to, dress up 110's beyond denim. Maybe chinos and a button down with my 110 Half Japanese Oxfords or Route 10 chukkas though. I might be able to dress up best my smoke reverse kudus on the 1035...

I think for anything dressier I'd go Alden or Vass et. al..

Maybe someday I'll try a pair of 2030's.....

Thanks for posting the pic.
Thanks. Yeah, I think 2030 works well with tapered denim, and I think 110 is better suited than 2030 with other styles. If I was going to wear some EG or something, I'd definitely reach for my 110s over 2030s.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I think 2030 works well with tapered denim, and I think 110 is better suited than 2030 with other styles. If I was going to wear some EG or something, I'd definitely reach for my 110s over 2030s.
Do you have any interest in this rounds 110 GMTO's?

Natty Waxed Flesh
Black Waxed Flesh
Black Oil Tan Work Oxfords

Cole87

Reaction score
Do you have any interest in this rounds 110 GMTO's?

Natty Waxed Flesh
Black Waxed Flesh
Black Oil Tan Work Oxfords
The simplest way to answer is I like the 110 but my fashion preferences change all the time and I no longer wear any EG or Americana and am mostly wearing stuff similar to the pic above, so I'm already in the process of selling my 110s as it is. The next pair of Vibergs I'm looking to get are a restock of the black roughout mini ripples from 3-Sixteen whenever that happens again (missed the most recent restock.) I've also spent about 2k in the past month on outerwear and probably could use a spending break.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The simplest way to answer is I like the 110 but my fashion preferences change all the time and I no longer wear any EG or Americana and am mostly wearing stuff similar to the pic above, so I'm already in the process of selling my 110s as it is. The next pair of Vibergs I'm looking to get are a restock of the black roughout mini ripples from 3-Sixteen whenever that happens again (missed the most recent restock.) I've also spent about 2k in the past month on outerwear and probably could use a spending break.
I liked those.

The natty ones were awesome too.

Will you be putting your 110's that you are selling on B&S?

Nvspwndamnstr39

Reaction score

Amen. To each his own.
cheers.gif

I've been trying to figure out the different use cases for the various lasts in my Viberg collection. If anything, I could almost use a decision tree weighing which Engineered Garments / Epaulet / Raw Denim pieces contribute to which boots.

I have 1 pair of 110s, the mocha vintage plain toes on commando that I snagged on a ridiculous 40% off sale from MJ over at Notre. It's been worn once in the last year to clean out the fringes of my koi pond. It's basically on ice until there's ice outside. That said, given the recent replies on this thread, I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad pairing with some wool EG ground pants, maybe a Real McCoys safari shirt and perhaps an olive Bedford.

The 2030s seem to strike a nice balance between rugged (rather than dandy-ish) business casual, but still sleek enough to dress up, but not necessarily with a tie. Maybe a casual Baker jacket, slim straight PBJs, and a chambray work shirt.

I'm still confused about the 1035 boots. I have brown waxed flesh straight tip boots on 1035 and I thought I'd beat them to hell Marvaments/Imaunit style, but they barely get worn because the 1035 seems like a compromise between the 2030 and the Barrie last. My 1035 horsehide captoe boots sometimes get skipped because Alden boots on barrie (especially my tankers in #8) often jump the line.

1035 derbies seem to only get rotation when paired with raw denim and a Flat Head flannel (i.e., when I feel bold enough to go full Kobayashi-san after seeing his instagram for inspiration). Maybe I should be wearing them with my EG stuff, idk.

So basically I'm confused. I'd love to see more postings of Vibergs featuring the much more creative outfits you guys are rockin, EG and otherwise. I've been trying to synthesize everything I've learned here, in the Alden thread, while also perusing the NMWA and Ep threads and I'm honestly a bit over-hybridized in my style. Appreciate any and all free associations to my confusion :)

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nvspwndamnstr39 I have two styles of boots and shoes....dress/casual...and they get broken into winter/bad weather, fall/spring, summer......so for me it becomes simple then. In fact my winter boots I justified ordering new ones of to get a bigger size to fit heavy wool socks to keep my feet warm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads