• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I prefer the clunky look. One of the reasons I like Alden and Viberg. Leave the sleek look for the guys across the pond.

To me its incongruous for a chelsea boot to be like a workboot but I guess I can see how some would like it. I dont really see Alden's as clunky except on a relative basis when compared St. Crispins, EG etc but I think the majority of their boots are still on the dressy side. Always good to have more options as a consumer, just doesnt work for me visually but I think there is a good chance they look different in real life outside of the Mr. P styling cues.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hard to tell for sure, but looks as though the Viberg Chelseas are made with goodyear welt construction. Is that correct? At first glance, I like them, but also kind of feel as if they are in between a rugged style and a CMish style. So perhaps neither here nor there. I find that Viberg really excels at making rugged looking work boots with stitchdown construction. When they veer from that, the results can still be good, but not as special.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To me its incongruous for a chelsea boot to be like a workboot but I guess I can see how some would like it. I dont really see Alden's as clunky except on a relative basis when compared St. Crispins, EG etc but I think the majority of their boots are still on the dressy side. Always good to have more options as a consumer, just doesnt work for me visually but I think there is a good chance they look different in real life outside of the Mr. P styling cues.

just my perspective coming from Lobb and EG before I got into Aldens and then Viberg.

Lithium Br8kfst

Reaction score

I'm looking for a pair of service boots in black waxed flesh- plain toe. Does anyone know where these might be in stock right now? I believe Notre carried these a while back, if anyone has a size 9 with limited use I'd like to purchase them as well. Thanks

Last edited:

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just my perspective coming from Lobb and EG before I got into Aldens and then Viberg.

I hear you. I'm glad viberg is releasing new models and trying to push the envelope. I have never come across a company that I like everything they make. I basically like all the more rugged looking boots they make and as they veer away from that, I'm less interested.

youtubs

Reaction score
A week or two ago, there were some teaser's with an Indigo dyed boot. Has anyone heard or seen anything else about it? Looked gorgeous.

limonade

Reaction score
A week or two ago, there were some teaser's with an Indigo dyed boot. Has anyone heard or seen anything else about it? Looked gorgeous.

I think it was just Brett experimenting with dying some unglazed shell. Who knows if it will come to the market.

gte872h

Reaction score
I ordered the chelseas in arabica in order to check them out in person. I can post my impressions once they arrive if anyone is interested.

SirKrimzon

Reaction score
Can anyone possibly help me out here,

So I wore my boots for the first time yesterday. We had some moderate rain. I was walking outside for maybe 1 hour in total in the rain. Anyway, when I got in my car I noticed my toes felt a bit wet, when I got home I took my boot off and put my hand towards the toe area. It felt a bit damp and looking outside, there was a "wet" spot on the toes. It was only on the toes too. I've included two pictures here, one of the outside and one inside.

http://i.imgur.com/ELwx72Y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5pZEODm.jpg

Can anyone think what may have happened? I highly doubt water seeped through the double stitchdown and leather. And it was only concentrated in the toe, could it have been sweat? Any advice or insight at all would be appreciated. It's odd that a full leather stitchdown boot got wet on the inside so please share your thoughts.

ShootThePier

Reaction score
Not good. I have a pair of Tennis shoes that are very comfortable that do that when its wet. For them it is the sole.

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone possibly help me out here,

So I wore my boots for the first time yesterday. We had some moderate rain. I was walking outside for maybe 1 hour in total in the rain. Anyway, when I got in my car I noticed my toes felt a bit wet, when I got home I took my boot off and put my hand towards the toe area. It felt a bit damp and looking outside, there was a "wet" spot on the toes. It was only on the toes too. I've included two pictures here, one of the outside and one inside.

http://i.imgur.com/ELwx72Y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5pZEODm.jpg

Can anyone think what may have happened? I highly doubt water seeped through the double stitchdown and leather. And it was only concentrated in the toe, could it have been sweat? Any advice or insight at all would be appreciated. It's odd that a full leather stitchdown boot got wet on the inside so please share your thoughts.

You already asked this in the Truman thread and got a number of detailed responses...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads