• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vermilyea Pelle

livemik

Reaction score

Shalomp

Reaction score
both links that i posted state interior dimensions

or u could just drop Dustin an email for his advice :)

Actually, the field bag only reports interior dimensions and the briefcase only reports exterior dimensions. So it’s hard to compare.

masayako

Reaction score
I am very excited about the Vermilyea Pelle and highly impressed by the quality, material and price point.
This is a tribute from me for the Leather wallet collectors:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to de-must a vintage Filson 257, but if it doesn't work I'm going straight to the VP site. More recent Filson is definitely using lesser leather and zippers, though I wouldn't say they're not quality. They just don't stand up to the vintage stuff very well. The VP stuff looks outstanding...

Shalomp

Reaction score
filsons are great and iconic though there is an ongoing debate on the quality of their current produce compared to the vintage stuff

i like that my VP bag was hand made by an honest craftsman putting his heart and soul in his wares. It adds a very personal touch which i value greatly. dustin offers a range of materials which ticks an extra box so thats great too. if u do take the plunge with VP please do post some photos here! :)

I'm trying to de-must a vintage Filson 257, but if it doesn't work I'm going straight to the VP site. More recent Filson is definitely using lesser leather and zippers, though I wouldn't say they're not quality. They just don't stand up to the vintage stuff very well. The VP stuff looks outstanding...

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my VP bag, with a few custom tweaks. Will post a write-up at some point, but this thing is beefy and absolutely awesome!

Looks great. Slightly darker tone than this pic.
5Y1chyH.jpg

Big brass, wrapped and riveted leather...
Aj6rHto.jpg

Strap rivets up close - the shoulder pad is almost as thick as the brass hardware!
EoSTk4g.jpg

Shalomp

Reaction score
looks super! i went with the heavy olive waxed canvas for my field bag as well. love how hefty it feels!

what custom tweaks did u go for? :)

Just got my VP bag, with a few custom tweaks. Will post a write-up at some point, but this thing is beefy and absolutely awesome!

Looks great. Slightly darker tone than this pic.
5Y1chyH.jpg

Big brass, wrapped and riveted leather...
Aj6rHto.jpg

Strap rivets up close - the shoulder pad is almost as thick as the brass hardware!
EoSTk4g.jpg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks super! i went with the heavy olive waxed canvas for my field bag as well. love how hefty it feels!

what custom tweaks did u go for? :)
5.5" wide, dual interior sleeve pockets and a slightly longer strap. This thing is awesome!

masayako

Reaction score
This is my Vermilyea Pelle Bi-fold Wallet - 3 Months Review for you Vermilyea Pelle supporters. Enjoy.

masayako

Reaction score
Leather bi-fold wallet battle:
$470 shell cordovan wallet vs $70 Horween leather wallet from Vermilyea Pelle. You will be surprised!

Enjoy:

slbear

Reaction score
Just found you guys researching waxed canvas briefcases, and these Vermilyea Pelle bags look awesome. I was just learning more about the Filson bags and had that feeling I missed the peak of that trend, and would frankly pick the more obscure but quality brand any day.

Between the VP briefcase and field bag, is the inside organization the same? I've seen one set of Std Briefcase photos that show two phone-size slot and wide pen slot, and the laptop/tablet sleeve. I thought I saw a video that showed a second sleeve on the opposite, maybe on the field bag. On the outside, it seems the field bag has two half sleeves on the front and a full magazine sleeve on the bag. The Std briefcase seems to have full magazine sleeves on front and back. I know these aren't overly organized bags, but I like a little organization. I also want something that will fit a light jacket and water bottle, in addition to my travel kit of Surface Pro tablet, charger, phone and charger, some cords and a mid-sized notebook.

I'm looking to upgrade from my current Timbuk2 messenger or Tom Binh backpack, which are big and highly organized. These are way up the quality/style scale, smaller and much simpler. I'm curious why each of you chose the brief over the field bag or vice versa. Looks, interior size, handles?

Thanks for the videos and pics, and any advice you can give.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jocelyarker