• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the larger shoulder-to-shoulder, order the standard Daredevil.  For the slim shoulder-to-shoulder, order the Slimfit Daredevil.

I thought the standard daredevil fit was the Junya fit?

Yes, the slim version would be more like the SF version with the narrower shoulder.

@Thurston Bros you about ready to throw your monitor out your office window yet?

touchthesky

Reaction score
Ok I'm just a little confused with the last couple of pages. From what I understand there is a "slim fit" daredevil bring offered which had the same fit as the Junya, except sizes are graded down (i.e. if you are a Junya medium you would take this jacket in small), and the shoulders are 2" smaller.

Will the styleforum x vanson also have 2" taken in for the shoulder? It was mentioned in previous pages that only a slight shoulder tightening of ~1" was proposed ftom the junya model. Has this changed?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok heres how I see it, and thurston bros please correct me if I'm wrong:

a) vanson derby jacket, pretty much the same jacket and same measurements as the junya x vanson collab, although unsure about the epaulets that appear in some pics and not in others, but 1 sz difference from junya sizing (i.e. junya sz M equals derby sz S) $650

b) thurston x vanson daredevil jacket, mods suggested by SF to the junya x vanson collab (i.e no coin pocket, different back, etc) with same measurements as junya collab but 1 sz difference from junya sizing (i.e. junya sz M equals daredevil sz S) $700

c) sf x thurston x vanson jacket, pretty much the same jacket as the daredevil but with shorter sleeves and 2" narrower on the shoulder to shoulder measurement, also as with the daredevil and derby theres 1 sz difference from junya sizing (i.e. junya sz M equals SF Collab jacket sz S, BUT 2" narrower S2S measurement) $700

*edit: added the shorter sleeve mod

Last edited:

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This thread/MTO is a ******* trainwreck

what is even going on

Can Thurston Bros post a complete summary of all models
-measurements
-design details
-materials
-price

Last edited:

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This thread/MTO is a ******* trainwreck

what is even going on

Not at all, everything is perfectly clear. It helps if you have been following it from the beginning, as you should if you are ready to shell out $700 for a jacket... @canstyleace has summed it up rather nicely up above.
I agree though, @Thurston Bros has a lot of patience dealing with some of the crowd here!
!luc

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ok heres how I see it, and thurston bros please correct me if I'm wrong:

a) vanson derby jacket, pretty much the same jacket and same measurements as the junya x vanson collab, although unsure about the epaulets that appear in some pics and not in others, but 1 sz difference from junya sizing (i.e. junya sz M equals derby sz S) $650

b) thurston x vanson daredevil jacket, mods suggested by SF to the junya x vanson collab (i.e no coin pocket, different back, etc) with same measurements as junya collab but 1 sz difference from junya sizing (i.e. junya sz M equals daredevil sz S) $700

c) sf x thurston x vanson jacket, pretty much the same jacket as the daredevil but with shorter sleeves and 2" narrower on the shoulder to shoulder measurement, also as with the daredevil and derby theres 1 sz difference from junya sizing (i.e. junya sz M equals SF Collab jacket sz S, BUT 2" narrower S2S measurement) $700

*edit: added the shorter sleeve mod

Also, this...

We may have to modify the pricing a bit once the Slimfit Daredevil is out (slimmer through the shoulders), but hopefully not...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads