• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanquish or Continental GT

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
That was my point. The Bentley has no pretension of being otherwise; it is what it is, which happens not to be a wannabe sports car. If I had the money to buy a Vanquish, and wanted a pure performance car, I'd get a 911 GT2 or a Ferrari F430 instead.

Uh the vanquish isn't trying to be a true sports car, it's a GT if you know what that means just like the bentley, it has the same purpose. The cgt is still a fat ugly pig and pretty much only posers drive them, kind of like guys who drive boxters to say they drive a porsche.

The only thing worse than that are guys who get GT2s and have no track or car control skills.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
This is hilariously ironic. The GT is the most bloated luxury coupe on the market, I sometimes wonder about everyone's taste on this board about cars. The vanquish is hands down one of the nicest aston designs out though I would go for a DB9 since it would be newer and more reliable with less ford like interior components. The GT has vw written all over it, is played out and if you want a bentley you get a real one like an arnage. For daily driving and looks aside, the GT would be a better bet. Just be prepared to be like every other entry level bentley driving owner.

The vantage is a sore disappointment by the way.

I was with you, until you crossed off the Vantage.....outside of the DBS, it's easily my favorite modern Aston.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ok I was exaggerating, I do like the vantage just disappointed with its performance which isn't in line with it's stance/presence.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Ok I was exaggerating, I do like the vantage just disappointed with its performance which isn't in line with it's stance/presence.
I agree completely, it may be sexy.....but it's somewhat overweight (not to mention, it could be quicker).

CodeRed

Reaction score
Get the Vanquish all the way... I just saw some rappers in Santa Monica in a CGT...did that ever remove any interest in the car. GT2s are great, but the Vanquish does exude a great style, more subdued than a F Car.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjm
"De Rappers" have ruined the Bentley image for me and also the modern Bentleys are like bloated bling mobiles that remind me of Paris Hilton and all she stands for. I wouldnt be caught dead in one. The AM on the other hand absolutely. Beautiful sexy and exotic. Off course I would take any modern Ferarri before either of these two.

A lot of rappers own modern Ferraris, so maybe you might have to change your choice.

centrix

Reaction score
vanquish all the way

princemarko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
A lot of rappers own modern Ferraris, so maybe you might have to change your choice.

BJM is right. The Bentley has become a mascot for Rappers, Paris Hilton and thugs all around lately. Its a shame since the car is awesome. But I chose the Merc. S65 over it.

bkk

Reaction score
I wanted to kill her before, but now I want to torture Paris for making her Bentley pink. Where does she get this money? I thought she had no chance of receiving the trust fund...

F LA and F spoiled brats.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Vanquish is beautiful but I'd definitely go for with the Bentley between these two. It' s a shame that there are so many image issues with the Bentley because it really is a nice car.

Galen_M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
(K)ind of like guys who drive boxters to say they drive a porsche.
Have you ever driven a Boxster with a decent suspension? It will outhandle any 911 ever except things like the 911GT1, which has very little in common with production 911s. I love 911s as much as anyone, and I do mean anyone, but the 986 and 987 have vast advantages over the 996 and 997 cabrios in terms of handling and exhaust design, hence power. Stick the same engine in a Boxster versus a 911, and the Boxster is a better car. The fact that the factory cripples the car to save the 911 is not the fault of the engineers, more like the bean counters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads