• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gshen wouldn’t expect they’d be planned for standard offerings, but any chance we can get a GMTO of the Solbiati linens from the Graffiti book for summer? Would absolutely snag a few if y’all can do it.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@gshen wouldn’t expect they’d be planned for standard offerings, but any chance we can get a GMTO of the Solbiati linens from the Graffiti book for summer? Would absolutely snag a few if y’all can do it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll speak with the local agent and see what we can do! Pricing may be on the crazy side of things, though.

JNSJr

Reaction score
Two recent outfits featuring two of my favorite ties from Vanda. The burgundy and cream stripe started the obsession. The Phoenix PS is also a favorite.
1.jpg
2.jpg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JNSJr

Reaction score
What is the Glen plaid, out of curiosity? Both look great.
Thank you Eric and BC for the kind words. The glen plaid is one of their archive ties -- Zegna Cream-Rust Glencheck LINK HERE

My camera does not do it justice. The rust and the teal check patterns really pop off of the main darker cream color. One of my favorites for sure.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you Eric and BC for the kind words. The glen plaid is one of their archive ties -- Zegna Cream-Rust Glencheck LINK HERE

My camera does not do it justice. The rust and the teal check patterns really pop off of the main darker cream color. One of my favorites for sure.

The studio shot and your selfie make them look like different ties. Your picture makes the tie look more vibrant and fun, while the studio shot makes the tie look more formal. Amazing what different lighting can do to the impression of an item.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha I did a raised eyebrow on that Glen plaid as well. Serves as a nice contrast against the suit.

Thought so. Thanks for confirming. I (I guess along with you and maybe 2 others?) have it as well. I've been reticent about wearing it with white shirts, thinking that the color would stand out a bit too much against it, though it seems I shouldn't have been. Look great. Will have to give it a go next week,
Would love to, but that's a genuine deadstock fabric that has probably been out of production for two decades or more!
Ya snooze, ya looooze suckas :cool:

marmotini

Reaction score
Thought I would get in on this hopsack action and placed my first order with Vanda. Super easy to deal with and didn't take too long to arrive. Have found this thread and forum members very helpful so thought better reciprocate with a post. Yes, I was surprised with the lack of keeper but am perfectly happy with without it.

Well hello there
20220410_IMG8666.jpg

Going through a texture phase at the moment. Might clear out some madder to make way for the new arrivals.

Granola Hopsack
20220407_IMG8649.jpg

Eggplant Basketweave
20220407_IMG8658.jpg

Light Blue Hopsack
20220407_IMG8655.jpg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I would get in on this hopsack action and placed my first order with Vanda. Super easy to deal with and didn't take too long to arrive. Have found this thread and forum members very helpful so thought better reciprocate with a post. Yes, I was surprised with the lack of keeper but am perfectly happy with without it.

Well hello there
View attachment 1777882

Going through a texture phase at the moment. Might clear out some madder to make way for the new arrivals.

Granola Hopsack
View attachment 1777883
Eggplant Basketweave
View attachment 1777884
Light Blue Hopsack
View attachment 1777885

Very appropriate for the upcoming season. Nice selection. 👌🏻

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With regards to keeper loops for ties, my guess from the comments I've read here is, most guys use them. I rarely use mines on the ties that have them, so the exclusion of the loop has no bearing on me.

In fact, I like the idea of having the tie unkempt, not that anyone would even notice once my jacket is buttoned up. But, it has a more natural feel to it. A very sprezzatura element, although not all sprezzat'd up like the back blade being longer than the front. That definitely does take some getting use to unlike not using the loop.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads