• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We're dropping our newest colorway, Carolina, in the Sunset Court Shorts tomorrow along with a full restock of Dove, Cream, Oxblood, and Black. The drop is tomorrow (Thursday) at 11AM (PDT). I'll post full links here once the drop is live.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cream
Mocha

Attachments

• 648C2CC7-993C-4109-B82E-42A58B74651F.jpeg
    648C2CC7-993C-4109-B82E-42A58B74651F.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 313

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - @Epaulet will be recording a Styleforum Sessions podcast with Pat @UNIFORMLA - do you have any topics that you'd like us to cover. Pat might even bring a piece or two to show. Anything in particular that you guys would like to see? I can't guarantee anything, but we're definitely open to suggestions.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys - @Epaulet will be recording a Styleforum Sessions podcast with Pat @UNIFORMLA - do you have any topics that you'd like us to cover. Pat might even bring a piece or two to show. Anything in particular that you guys would like to see? I can't guarantee anything, but we're definitely open to suggestions.

I'm really looking forward to sitting down with @Epaulet and talking on Tuesday. I'd love to hear if there are any topics that you guys would like us to touch on. She mentioned wanting to talk about the origin of the brand (essentially the come up story) and the business side of everything

Wally_SF

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to sitting down with @Epaulet and talking on Tuesday. I'd love to hear if there are any topics that you guys would like us to touch on. She mentioned wanting to talk about the origin of the brand (essentially the come up story) and the business side of everything

we are all pretty pumped on the denim, outwear, etc. Was being a brand with variety always the model? Or was the idea originally just to pump out quality basics?

NOTCARTEL777

Reaction score
WTS

Brand New With Tags - Size Medium - Caribou Vintage Field Shorts - Sold to @John Grady Cole

Brand New Without Tags - Size Medium - Black Sunset Court Shorts - $100 Shipped via USPS Priority Mail

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. most designers have a vision or a theme when they are making products, uniform makes basics. Do you have a central theme or idea that you use as a reference point when making new products?
2. how do you decide what you’re making? Initially it was a brand that made tees and terry and it has evolved into much more. Do you just try to make the best iteration of things you already own or things that are missing from your closet?
3. When you’re developing a new product, how do you go about finding the factories/suppliers you utilize? Is it all word of mouth, friends of friends? Trade shows?
4. What has been the impact of the pandemic on development of new products? I imagine going to trade shows, sourcing fabrics, etc have been rather difficult.
5. What product is taking the longest time to come to fruition? I know you’ve been working on denim for some time. Any updates?
6. I know you have a few other items in the pipeline like flannels, work jackets, etc. when can we start to see these items and can you break some of them down?
7. What is the average time course of developing a new product? Weeks, months, years? And once you’ve settled on a finished product how long before you go from sample to product in hand?
8. what do you define as success? Where do you see the brand going and what is your goal? Niche group? Household name? Sold at wholesale?
9. Can you describe the team you work with? I always imagine it as a man on a mission, but are there others on the group?
10. what have been your favorite pieces and what did you think would be a success and failed?
11. Describe your personal style and your style inspos? Any brands outside of your own that you wear regularly?

ggss09

Reaction score
1. What is the end game for ULA? A retail storefront? Collabing with a dream brand? Releasing a certain hard-to-make product?

2. I think many of us have read Shoe Dog and seen the type of liquidity issues successful brands can run into when they are bootstrapped and not funded by outside investors. Has this been a challenge for ULA when it comes to scaling up production / investing in certain products / categories?

3. Are there any products that were particularly surprising when it came to how well-received they were?

Thanks Pat! this is going to be an exciting pod

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet and @UNIFORMLA - a lot of good questions.

We'll try to address a lot of these! Thanks guys. Anyone with more questions, please just do post them here, and it's probably good to tag Epaulet and Pat, as above.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads