• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

TDOT

Reaction score
Guess all the Canadian orders are coming in. In. Love. Amazing fit and feel. UNIFORM hasn't let me down.

Attachments

• PXL_20210804_220656051.jpg
    PXL_20210804_220656051.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 77

beans718

Reaction score
The link had to be posted on here early huh? I logged on within 1 min and they were sold out.

restock update? **** id even be willing to do a preorder

ggss09

Reaction score
The link had to be posted on here early huh? I logged on within 1 min and they were sold out.

Would be curious to hear Pat's view on the possibility of this happening on select drops in the future, or if its a bigger challenge from a logistics perspective

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Guess all the Canadian orders are coming in. In. Love. Amazing fit and feel. UNIFORM hasn't let me down.

These look great with the tee! I'm really glad they worked out!

We appreciate you!

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I love the black mesh shorts so much. I messed up hard not getting the other colors, need that restock sooo bad!

We're working on that restock now. I have to double check the timeline with everyone but I believe it's still a few weeks out. I'll let you guys know as it gets closer.

We're going to drop Artist and Vintage Tees prior to the Sunset Court Shorts restocking.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would be curious to hear Pat's view on the possibility of this happening on select drops in the future, or if its a bigger challenge from a logistics perspective

I hear everyone on the StyleForum preorders. It's something that intrigues me as I know it's been mentioned a few times here and I've been trying to figure out how we'd do it.

Essentially, the issues are:
1). Time. The lead times (the time from ordering everything to production) are much longer than when we begin showing things on Instagram (outside of initial ideation) and I began talking about things here. Generally, we're sitting on the fabric or it's been in the works for a couple months prior to us beginning manufacturing. So preorders, assuming they're true preorders would have to be made months in advance (around four) to account for the increased fabric we'd need.

2). The quantities. Everything we make is custom knitted to us. Because of that, on a number of things (most notably tees), we're specifying exactly which yarn we want to use and where it's coming from. Due to the way yarn is made and sold, it's not as simple as "we'd like to add 100 tees (or yards) to an order". Fabric is sold in "lots" and yarn by the pallet (or case? I'm spacing which one at the moment). But a pallet of yarn (or case, whichever is correct) is generally over 1000lb, which means the intervals by which we'd have to increase production to accommodate preorders aren't as flexible as "let's add 234".

3). Returns/exchanges. To do a preorder, we'd have to tack the number of preorders on to our existing (or preplanned) order. This means we'd be producing over what we originally had planned to produce (assuming it clears the second hurdle). In the event that there were a number of returns or exchanges requested (this hasn't been an issue on the most recent drops of the Heavyweight Tees and the Sunset Court Shorts as we received almost no returns) we'd end up with more inventory than we wanted (which would cause a number of issues for us). In my mind, the only way to avoid this would be to give a discount for preorders and make them final sale. Is that something you guys would be okay with?

TLDR: I'm open to the idea, but it's more complicated than I think it initially seems. Also, you should read more.

l0ftykeith

Reaction score
I hear everyone on the StyleForum preorders. It's something that intrigues me as I know it's been mentioned a few times here and I've been trying to figure out how we'd do it.

Essentially, the issues are:
1). Time. The lead times (the time from ordering everything to production) are much longer than when we begin showing things on Instagram (outside of initial ideation) and I began talking about things here. Generally, we're sitting on the fabric or it's been in the works for a couple months prior to us beginning manufacturing. So preorders, assuming they're true preorders would have to be made months in advance (around four) to account for the increased fabric we'd need.

2). The quantities. Everything we make is custom knitted to us. Because of that, on a number of things (most notably tees), we're specifying exactly which yarn we want to use and where it's coming from. Due to the way yarn is made and sold, it's not as simple as "we'd like to add 100 tees (or yards) to an order". Fabric is sold in "lots" and yarn by the pallet (or case? I'm spacing which one at the moment). But a pallet of yarn (or case, whichever is correct) is generally over 1000lb, which means the intervals by which we'd have to increase production to accommodate preorders aren't as flexible as "let's add 234".

3). Returns/exchanges. To do a preorder, we'd have to tack the number of preorders on to our existing (or preplanned) order. This means we'd be producing over what we originally had planned to produce (assuming it clears the second hurdle). In the event that there were a number of returns or exchanges requested (this hasn't been an issue on the most recent drops of the Heavyweight Tees and the Sunset Court Shorts as we received almost no returns) we'd end up with more inventory than we wanted (which would cause a number of issues for us). In my mind, the only way to avoid this would be to give a discount for preorders and make them final sale. Is that something you guys would be okay with?

TLDR: I'm open to the idea, but it's more complicated than I think it initially seems. Also, you should read more.
All in! Take my $$!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agreed discounted preorders and final sale. NMWA does the same thing and there is a separate thread for folks to swap sizes colors if needed. NMWA will sometimes allow you to swap with their non-preorder inventory on a case by case basis and is probably limited to folks who are frequent buyers/have a history with the store, but officially its final sale

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics