• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

quickstruck

Reaction score
Guess it depends on the rest of your wardrobe but I would go with sand. I posted a fit pic too a few posts back if it helps. But I can't imagine you would go wrong with either.
You have the JE OG flash dual as well right? Do you prefer one silhouette over the other, or do they both fill different roles in your wardrobe?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have the JE OG flash dual as well right? Do you prefer one silhouette over the other, or do they both fill different roles in your wardrobe?

They are quite similar to be honest...I posted a pic of both in the JE thread on Friday. In medium the JE hoodie is more fitted so I wear it under my rider but tbh I reach for the Uniform one (also medium) more often - it has a looser waistband which I prefer for layering. Both are great though and similar quality.

danthemantis

Reaction score
Been lurking on here for a bit and found out about Uniform through this thread. Got the black pullover and sand sweatshirt from them in the mail today and i'm really loving the pullover so far. Haven't got a chance to wear the sand yet. IMG_9130-2.jpg

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Been lurking on here for a bit and found out about Uniform through this thread. Got the black pullover and sand sweatshirt from them in the mail today and i'm really loving the pullover so far. Haven't got a chance to wear the sand yet. View attachment 1108541

Love it. Thank you for signing up and posting! We're so glad you're loving the pullover. Username is A1.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What's everyone's preferred fit of sweatpants? As we continue to develop new products, I thought it could be insightful to check in with you guys.

Specifically:
Do you like a slight drop crotch or do you prefer them to be more fitted in the crotch area?
Do you prefer them skinny, slim, or more relaxed?

Any other information on preference/pet peeves would be helpful as well.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slight drop crotch and slim with taper and cuff.

I think the JE esco/rio fit is really good....for me the biggest challenge with sweatpants is minimizing or eliminating butt sag. That's my biggest issue with various options out there.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's everyone's preferred fit of sweatpants? As we continue to develop new products, I thought it could be insightful to check in with you guys.

Specifically:
Do you like a slight drop crotch or do you prefer them to be more fitted in the crotch area?
Do you prefer them skinny, slim, or more relaxed?

Any other information on preference/pet peeves would be helpful as well.

The issue with drop crotch is it ends up looking sloppy... Also, I’m sure a lot of us already have plenty of sweats with Jogger cuffs... maybe a more traditional cuff/hem would be refreshing. I like slim or relaxed. I feel relaxed/baggy is trending at the moment. Also, drawstrings w/ good length are a plus.

shaidripp

Reaction score
The issue with drop crotch is it ends up looking sloppy... Also, I’m sure a lot of us already have plenty of sweats with Jogger cuffs... maybe a more traditional cuff/hem would be refreshing. I like slim or relaxed. I feel relaxed/baggy is trending at the moment. Also, drawstrings w/ good length are a plus.
Totally agree with this.
Please don't make the drawstrings too long tho. Personally, I don't like the length of FoG drawstrings

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Slight drop crotch and slim with taper and cuff.

I think the JE esco/rio fit is really good....for me the biggest challenge with sweatpants is minimizing or eliminating butt sag. That's my biggest issue with various options out there.

Would you consider the Rio to be a slight drop crotch? How are you currently going about eliminating/minimizing the butt sag? Just pulling them up?

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are there any brands that make a relaxed/baggy fit that you like? The first brand that come to mind when you mention this fit (without the cuffs) is the Champion reverse weave sweatpants.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you consider the Rio to be a slight drop crotch? How are you currently going about eliminating/minimizing the butt sag? Just pulling them up?

It seems to be the material and cut. I haven't managed to eliminate in but I know my JE greys dont stretch much (a few other colours stretch more) but my Reigning Champ ones do a lot.

I still dont know if the slimness makes it stretch because it's constantly being stretched and perhaps a slightly more relaxed fit would work better? I do like the RC core cut too.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Crowd sourcing ideas for sweatpants is interesting. I dislike butt sag too but I think there's a very particular way of going about a slight or even obvious drop crotch that can make it look good (yes I believe even a dramatic drop crotch can avoid the illusion of butt sag if that makes any sense). I find drops work best when the material is not prone to creasing, which usually means a thicker fabric (fleece > terry > jersey, in most cases) and also when the sweats are in dark colors. My go-to sweats are black drkshdw ones in the felpa material (super thick fleece, hard wearing) - despite the huge drop they don't look like a mess in the back compared to some thinner pairs in lighter colors I own. The creasing is unavoidable for most cotton fabrics whenever you sit and is amplified the larger the drop...so for any kind of drop sweats I look for thick drapey material as a requisite. Just my 2 cents.

Cuff vs no cuff are both useful in their own way. I think most of us would agree that cuffs in the style of JE escobars and rick prisoners look and function better than cheapo champion ones like these:
champion-elastic-cuff-pants-210969-em004-heather-grey-reverse-weave.jpg

Also as an aside, loving your U neck tees :) Super comfy and perfect for layering under crew neck sweaters without showing.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any brands that make a relaxed/baggy fit that you like? The first brand that come to mind when you mention this fit (without the cuffs) is the Champion reverse weave sweatpants.

I like the look of the FOG Essentials. JE replica sweats look cool too but a more traditional hem would go a long way on those.

It seems to be the material and cut. I haven't managed to eliminate in but I know my JE greys dont stretch much (a few other colours stretch more) but my Reigning Champ ones do a lot.

I still dont know if the slimness makes it stretch because it's constantly being stretched and perhaps a slightly more relaxed fit would work better? I do like the RC core cut too.

The grey JE sweats have 25% poly. That probably helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads