• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don't care for windowpanes much, but I do like the spongey quality of these. Which windowpanes in particular do you like?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the navy with red windowpane made up from NSM and the brown with blue windowpane from Ercoles. I highly recommend both. I think they are the right balance of subtlety vs assertiveness which is hard to find in windowpanes.

I also have the navy with red windowpane. I highly, highly recommend it. It looks good and it feels remarkably fine.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a sport jacket made for the colder fall/winter/spring months, are cloths from the Moonbeam bunch suitable for this? MyTailor.com will be coming to my neck of the woods soon and I'm wondering is I should ask them to bring that book along with stuff from W.Bill.

Also, if anyone can recommend more mid-range options for this purpose I'd appreciate that. The Canadian dollar is a daily horror show right now. :(

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I doubt that, wool isn't waterproof and it'll probably stretch. Maybe if you invested in 100 % polyester cloth ;)

It was a joke but I do have an overcoat length of Loro Piana Storm System...

Knox

Reaction score
Abacus is one of the better Smith books. Ever. Calls to mind the old H. Lesser 9.5/10 plain weave.

I thought the greys in the Abacus book were long gone, never to be replenished. Is there an updated version of Abacus?

edit: The Harrisons LBD person claims Frontier is similar to the Lesser 9.5/10. I disagree. Abacus is much closer to the Lesser, and Harrisons would do well to approximate the 9.5/10 yarn and weave it up into a few solids and stripes. Maybe the best of all the plain weave cloths I've encountered.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads