• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking closely I think it's actually a black/white herringbone. What's weird is he's wearing a pair of solid mid-grey flannels of almost the exact same shade. Not a good look IMO. Looks like he was just hungover when he got dressed.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have no idea what "louchey" means.

Silk because I love the look of dupioni. Not much sheen to it. Most people don't even recognize it as silk, but the texture and hand is very nice. I prefer dupioni to linen not just for wrinkle resistance, but pretty much across the board.

Then I would pick a different color than brown. It just doesn't go with the fabric, IMHO.

Louchey means it goes with cigars and champagne. It has connotations of being slightly disreputable as well. Perhaps this is all because the dupioni silk I remember best is Michael Corleone's in the Godfather.

Dewi

Reaction score

Thinking of making this fabric into a suit.

2 piece. Unlined, soft shouldered/unconstructed. Sort of a casual vibe.

What thinks the collective? I was originally thinking of something lighter, more in a tan, but this brown is attractive. Would it go well in a suit of the type I am describing?

Doesn't silk tend to wear really warm and not breathe very well? If you're planning on this being a casual autumn suit, that might not be a problem though.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Doesn't silk tend to wear really warm and not breathe very well? If you're planning on this being a casual autumn suit, that might not be a problem though.

It's really meant for summer evenings. It is hot, as you say, but dupioni is always thought of as a summer fabric. You see it fabric books for summer jacketings and suitings, never in F/W books (or at least I never have).

Dewi

Reaction score

It's really meant for summer evenings. It is hot, as you say, but dupioni is always thought of as a summer fabric. You see it fabric books for summer jacketings and suitings, never in F/W books (or at least I never have).

Interesting. I don't know where Kai is, but there's no way I could wear silk as a summer fabric, even in the evenings, here in Atlanta. Unless the occasion was entirely indoors and air conditioned, I'd sweat through it quite quickly, I would think. Of course, I'm the guy that can wear fresco as a year round fabric, so take that with a grain of salt.

The colour of it made me think it would work well for autumn, as well as the warmth factor.

obama

Reaction score

It looks like jacketing to me and not a suit. You can take a look at the Harrison Glorious Twelve 25332 that looks similar is around 330 grams. Having seen too many herringbone patterns in flannel, tweed is your best bet.

Thanks. I have looked at the 25332 on the website and he pic looks very nice. I also saw a similar one from Harris Tweed 24304. Are they similar? Which one is recommended? Thanks.

Looking closely I think it's actually a black/white herringbone. What's weird is he's wearing a pair of solid mid-grey flannels of almost the exact same shade. Not a good look IMO. Looks like he was just hungover when he got dressed.

I noticed that also and think that looks fine ;)

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some new unfunded liabilities for me. The seersucker is the Zegna I got from Edmorel while the rest are Lessers. My favourite is the blue Golden Bale
smile.gif
Next up will be the 1st special edition H.Lesser Tropical; just got the samples and they are great.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may have a bit of a problem...the tweed unfunded liabilities at home...probably not doing any of these this Fall as I have two LL fabrics in the works.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what is the score card? Is Manton still ahead in the unfunded liabilities count? I was also under the impression that dopey may have a considerable stash too.

I have one coat length that is unfunded with two more suit lengths on the way. I also have four unfunded shirt lengths.

Where is everyone else?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So what is the score card? Is Manton still ahead in the unfunded liabilities count? I was also under the impression that dopey may have a considerable stash too.

I have one coat length that is unfunded with two more suit lengths on the way. I also have four unfunded shirt lengths.

Where is everyone else?

As an aside, I wish Dopey would post more.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I may have a bit of a problem...the tweed unfunded liabilities at home...probably not doing any of these this Fall as I have two LL fabrics in the works.

What barleycorn is that, David?

I love the bottom left length as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads