• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which one of you did this?
20240225_141104.jpg

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello gents,

If anyone knows anyone who has or may have vintage fabric for sale do get in touch with me. I am looking for Scottish or English cloth anything up to the end of the 1970s would meet my needs. I have a preference for country-looking cloth.
IMG_20240217_072516.jpg 20240209_092338.jpg 20231215_105916.jpg IMG_20240111_160518.jpg
Like these? Those stripes are mostly sold out but there are others

Whatshapanin

Reaction score
Thank you Themistocls/Classicthunde/camez_/CrimsonWave/jeremygo all for the suggestions.

The w.bill and di pray look close. I also had already been eyeing that fox journey, but I wanted to see if I can find something made to see how that scale works out.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deciding between Solbiati Time Off (WSL) and Bennett Silks (linen silk) for a summer navy suit and wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks

https://www.bennett-silks.co.uk/sil...matka-and-suitings/silk-suiting-8012/57-Navy/

I have a jacket in what I am assuming is the Bennet linen-silk blend, I dig it...it has a nice slubby texture to it that is perfect for a fun summer jacket/suit.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most of my summer and midseason jackets are in a blend of wool, silk and linen in different percentages, with different weights and textures: as I see, this is excellent as it combines the best properties of the three fibres.

L.deJong

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on linen/cotton mixes? Love the color of the below jacket, but unsure how it'll wrinkle/age.

I have a cotton/linen (50/50) jacket, and TBH it combines the 'worst' aspects. It wrinkles more and wrinkles like cotton. And of course, it fades. Lovely aspects if you are looking for a casual jacket, and it serves/served me well enough. Do not judge the fit btw this was bad MTM and I only wear it because of the lack of bespoke summer jackets. In like a month or so I will receive a copy of this jacket (almost the same shade of blue, just a tad darker and wool/linen mix) and then this jacket will go to another owner.

P5090346.jpg
P5090323.jpg

This will be the cloth for the new jacket, in reality a little darker than shown here:
IMG-20231028-WA0009.jpg

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a black linen suit made. Anyone here have one or have any experience with black linen? I want something I can wear to dinner or with denim at night with a white shirt, black polo or rayon shirt in the spring and summer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-DL

Haven't had one but sounds pretty awesome. Rumples should add a nice texture to break up the severity of the all black look and would probably fade really nicely over time as well.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't had one but sounds pretty awesome. Rumples should add a nice texture to break up the severity of the all black look and would probably fade really nicely over time as well.
Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I have a few samples, but the only one I really like so far is from Fox and its HEAVY (17/18oz) hopsack. It has a great nubby texture:

1709142959241.png

-DL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads