• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Something for next fall. Lambswool/Angora blend, from Paul Stuart.
]

chorse,

I am curious to know where you buy all your PS fabric from. Does PS sell its end bolts at its Madison store?

Thanks - ET

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
chorse,

I am curious to know where you buy all your PS fabric from. Does PS sell its end bolts at its Madison store?

Thanks - ET

They had extra end bolts at their sample sale. There were only a handful. This one looked like fun. It's not enough for a suit (that would be a wild suit, anyway) but is more than enough for a jacket.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Some John G Hardy jacketing for the summer:

Picture002-8.jpg

Picture003-11.jpg

riverrun

Reaction score
this thread is great...could only be improved by being moved to B&S

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
Aw snap, this thread is good. Tilleys, what bunch is that cloth from?

Riveira.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Craptastic photos of my latest liability. Breanish lightweight shetland in oatmeal and something. Based on photos someone posted on LondonLounge, I think this is a cloth that used to be offered as an Anderson & Sheppard "exclusive".

DSCN0898.jpg

DSCN0893.jpg

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Craptastic photos of my latest liability. Breanish lightweight shetland in oatmeal and something. Based on photos someone posted on LondonLounge, I think this is a cloth that used to be offered as an Anderson & Sheppard "exclusive".

DSCN0898.jpg

DSCN0893.jpg

This cloth is beautiful - where did you buy it from?

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
This cloth is beautiful - where did you buy it from?

Straight from the source. Total cost with shipping was $213 Cad ($210 US) for 5 metres of single width goods. Shipping took 2.5 weeks from order to arrival and communication with the owners was very good throughout.

Their internet stock seems to change regularly, but one of the owners mentioned they can offer things not currently in stock. That particular cloth isn't on their site any more, but there are many other nice ones:

f270ab90d375e03a8aa92d98e70f01e4.jpg

7f14f0d90dbf6b2be1a28bd4b2977c59.jpg

78a7002c4832a0a01ae969eb4bdae736.jpg

8dfb2fbcd50464b69c76ffbbc9778ed9.jpg

35509df9fa8cdc8dd01a30a8f0329407.jpg

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance that you could untwist a few yarns and determine if these are 2x2 or single ply?

Also in your opinion, how would they hold up for trousers?

Much thanks

-

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks MC

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oscarthewild
Also in your opinion, how would they hold up for trousers?

These are shetlands, absolutely not meant for trousers.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oscarthewild
Any chance that you could untwist a few yarns and determine if these are 2x2 or single ply?
-

Unwinding a few yarns, I found it to be the most animal-hair like textile I've ever handled. It is very fuzzy and spun much more loosely than another tweed I unwound. As far as I can tell, and I am no expert, I think it's single ply. Is that bad?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unwinding a few yarns, I found it to be the most animal-hair like textile I've ever handled. It is very fuzzy and spun much more loosely than another tweed I unwound. As far as I can tell, and I am no expert, I think it's single ply. Is that bad?

This is interesting. I wonder if this stuff stands up to frequent use.
confused.gif
eek.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads