• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not all shoemakers make their shoes the same you will take different sizes in certain brands/styles.

kloss

Reaction score
Haha sadly not trolling, indeed I got my measurements woefully mixed up. Fixed. I think the confusion is that I'm a 43/10 in some shoes, 43.5/10.5 in others and 44/11 in others. Then someone recommended me based on my measurements that I should get a certain pair at 42/9. I get that I'll be a different fit for different shoes but now I'm questioning my starting point (which used to be 44/11).
I read your original post and ->
ffffuuuu.gif

Some brands have dedicated threads. If there is a thread for the brand that you are researching, posting in that thread will net the most replies. Ask them if the brand tends to run true to size or not.

AFAIK Allen Edmonds run TTS so you can use their size chart as a reference.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you considered J.Lindeberg? I find their clothes to be too slim for me, but their XS would be perfect for you (35" chest).

Here is a link to their white oxford shirt. They may also have this shirt in 'super slim' fit, though I don't know if they could get much slimmer than this cut!

http://jlindeberg.com/system/search/product.asp?id=6893&b=108&ek=mc&page=1&rnum=26

Just updating this to say thank you for the suggestion. Bought an XS and it fits perfectly, so I've ordered another 3. Thank you!

BossMoore

Reaction score
I'm rebuilding my wardrobe and I need some help finding somethings.
What are some stores to buy slim cut fitted polos/button ups?(high quality)
What are some good trouser/Corduroys/cargo pants?

jhwendland

Reaction score
I'm rebuilding my wardrobe and I need some help finding somethings.
What are some stores to buy slim cut fitted polos/button ups?(high quality)
What are some good trouser/Corduroys/cargo pants
Favorite polo: Lacoste Live
Favorite button-down: Brooks Brothers extra-slim fit

Definitely high quality, but also sort of pricy

brrgrr

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking to build a summer business casual wardrobe mostly from scratch and these are my ideas.
I'll start by picking up a few beige pants, black/navy and grey pants. I'm also looking into boat shoes off Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Sebago-Mens-S...colid=255G7203NRWLL&coliid=IQ65IQX81YJN&psc=1
I was initially thinking of the blue/tan combinations for a bit of color but all I find in pictures are brown shoes so perhaps the tan/tan option is my best bet.

I'll be picking up light/chalky solid colored long sleeve button ups, probably green and and pink and extra whites and blues.
In addition to the solid color button ups I want to look for a couple patterned options as well, but I don't know what to look for.
I also plan on using solid color sweaters over the button ups on colder days.

I think I want a blazer, from what I know as something to take me to and from work.
I found two at low prices but I don't know how to choose between them, or if they're even my best options.
http://www.amazon.com/Tommy-Hilfige...ie=UTF8&qid=1367353482&sr=8-6&keywords=blazer
http://www.amazon.com/Tommy-Hilfiger-Mens-Trim-Sport/dp/B00AZXD7X4/ref=pd_sbs_a_2

Finally related to the button ups would be what ties to get, I think 2 solid colors and 2 patterned would be ideal but thats just a guess.
This should be just the beginning with cheaper stuff and the more expensive stuff should come later in the future.
I'm looking forward to your comments and suggestions!

Last edited:

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
I have a pair of tortoise New Wayfarers and a pair of gold Ray Ban Outdoorsman w/ grey lenses. Love em both.

Looking to buy a new pair of shades. Someone recommend something. Neutral colored frames preferred.

milk909

Reaction score
I've been looking for some nice moccasins (preferably brown) that won't make me break my wallet too badly.
Suggestions for a top that would look right, would be nice also.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads