• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toronto tailor...

fkl118

Reaction score
Is there any way to automatically lock a thread that's been inactive for a couple of years?
rolleyes.gif

AndOne

Reaction score
I'm looking for a place in the downtown Toronto area that can do working buttons on my new suit. It's a Canali that has yet to have the button holes cut and buttons attached. Studio Kim can't do it. Recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

gregor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PHV
If you think Holt is one of the best menswhere stores in Canada, then you probably need to look around a bit more.

Name a few that are better. Holt's is hands down the best menswear store in Canada.

and as far as their customer service.. It's excellent. I get things sent down to NB and they have no trouble doing so.

GM

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndOne
I'm looking for a place in the downtown Toronto area that can do working buttons on my new suit. It's a Canali that has yet to have the button holes cut and buttons attached. Studio Kim can't do it. Recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
+1 I need someone that can do this. There is a bespoke tailor at harry rosen that can probably do it, but i'd rather find someone else that can do all my alterations and online purchases, including hand-sewn button holes for sports jackets.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndOne
I'm looking for a place in the downtown Toronto area that can do working buttons on my new suit. It's a Canali that has yet to have the button holes cut and buttons attached. Studio Kim can't do it. Recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by GQgeek
+1

I need someone that can do this. There is a bespoke tailor at harry rosen that can probably do it, but i'd rather find someone else that can do all my alterations and online purchases, including hand-sewn button holes for sports jackets.

Antonio's in the Colonnade offers both machine- and hand-stitched buttonholes.

Rob_Sutherland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI

Rego will do machine stitched on site or hand stitched if sent out (probably to antonio's...)

I take my online purchases to them to tailor and have had nothing but good things to say.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can you provide pics of their work (for hand-stitched buttonholes)? I'd love to see before I head out there...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by GQgeek
Can you provide pics of their work (for hand-stitched buttonholes)? I'd love to see before I head out there...

4717863824_995794f168_b.jpg

christian4431

Reaction score
The best tailor in Toronto by far, IN MY OPINION is Habib. He is a an adorable little man and runs a tiny little shop near little Italy. He is genuine in his work and stay humble. But he doesn't take crap from people, which i like. He's not afraid of losing customers, he will treat you with respect so long as you continue to do the same. I have built a relationship with this man over the past years while i have brought him all my old and new suits. I trust him with my appearance he gives me advice (not simply what shirt would look good with such and such suit), he knows what cut the suit should be depending on my body type. I also enjoy discussing with him other matters in the world, but more importantly he's been doing this ever since he was a kid. I wanted to give him some sort of recognition that he deserves. He may not have a fancy shop or a high end clientele, but he sure is an underdog that's overlooked by many of us in the city. Give him a visit and hopefully you experience the same feeling I feel every time i bring my suits to him.
His number is 416-535-4887. He's located near Little Italy in Toronto.

escabar

Reaction score
Agreed!
Habib is my go to guy for everything that has to do with alterations to my wardrobe.

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
Hate to revive an inactive thread, but any recommendations for a tailor that can work with leather (shortening sleeves)? There's a recommendation in the thread, but it's from 2005. :embar:

Michelle Aneja

Reaction score
I believe the best tailor is Habib. Habib is a humble tailor on Harbord who basically fixes any clothes given to him. He also does Dry Cleaning. His store is called V.I.P. Tailor and Dry Cleaning.

Fashion Fan

Reaction score
Magic Tailor on Yonge st is awesome. I had 2 blazers tailored their. The prices are very reasonable and the quality is excellent. Check his 4.5/5 yelp rating based on 13 reviews to know what I'm talking about.

He also knows his trade very well and makes suggestions based on what will specifically fit your body shape. I took in a Jcrew blazer and told him I wanted a slim fit similar to the model but instead of having the sides taken in more to the point where they would bunch up (like the model in the catalog I showed him) he suggested we take in the sides a bit less and move the buttons over slightly to create a slim and unbunched fit which is exactly what he delivered on.

The location is a bit hard to find on Yonge but it it near eatons centre. They just expanded from the ground floor to the basement so make sure to use the elevator on the right og the hallway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads