• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tips and tricks of the trade

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Hi there,

Since I've been milking this forum for all it's worth, I thought I might offer some advice(s) on supplementation, weight training and general health.

I've been involved in the fitness industry, supplement industry and the pharmaceuticals industry for years.

If you have any questions about how to lose weight, gain weight, gain lean muscle, or improve your health/sex drive/mood (NATURALLY), feel free to post.

Today’s tip:

Want to boost your natural testosterone and boost your sex drive? How about make your body more anabolic - which can lead to better muscle growth...

Try supplementing with tribulus root.

The benefits:

Increased sex drive
Increased sperm volume - also great for those trying to have children
Slightly increased testosterone production, which is going to make you burn fat more efficiently and add more lean muscle, quicker.

Maybe I can do a tip of the week if this thread gets some looks.

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeaconHillBoston
Maybe I can do a tip of the week if this thread gets some looks.

Thanks for the tip! Going forward, I'm sure we'd all appreciate your perspective.
smile.gif

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpresq
Thanks for the tip! Going forward, I'm sure we'd all appreciate your perspective.
smile.gif

Thank you : - )

Another tip for you gentlemen.

You've all probably heard a lot about supplementing with fish oil, and the health benefits can be well worth your efforts.

Whether you use fish oil, cod liver oil or krill oil (the best of the bunch), getting the correct amount of omega 3 ***** acids (dha+epa) is essential to things like brain function, heart health, eye health and even a leaner body composition. When your body is getting the correct amount of "good fats", it has less need to store fat in general.

Try supplementing with dha and epa, and youre sure to see a noticable difference in your overall well being, after a month or so.

olstudios

Reaction score
great tips
biggrin.gif
I've been taking fish oil, vitamin b complex and vitamin c. I'm trying to lose weight and overal maintain a healthy life style. Any more vitamins I should be taking?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

Tribulus is bullshit and does nothing for testosterone levels.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ On that note, I've heard tons about omega fats being good for the brain and body. I have not actually seen any studies quoted, especially for the body component. Seems like pop science, unless proven otherwise...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seen plenty of studies on omega 3s, seen but not read, since I'm not terrible interested in fish oil.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
^ On that note, I've heard tons about omega fats being good for the brain and body. I have not actually seen any studies quoted, especially for the body component. Seems like pop science, unless proven otherwise...

It's confirmed for *heart* benefits. Not sure if you consider that "body" or not. FDA finally approved for heart/congestion/cholesterol (I forget what). Prescription fish oil (5 gram pills) is now available for $ via your doctor.

If you see the actual data, it's pretty startling how beneficial it is. And the heart benefits go up linearly if you use more. (e.g. 1gm per day is bettered by 2gm is bettered by... up to 5gm). Not sure what happens after that amount.

NY Times (I think) had an article within the last year.

Laffertron

Reaction score
For a general one-pager on which supplements have scientific evidence of working, and which are bullshit marketed to lazy idiots, this graphic is pretty useful: http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/ I didn't see tribulus on there but this article on tribulus and it's active ingredient (protodioscin) is pretty informative, despite being on a Bodybuilding website http://www.adastreet.com.au/content/cms/TRIBULUS/2014/ Of course the benefits of any of these supplements is immediately nullified if you smoke, take drugs, or drink excessively. I have researched all sorts of material on improving your health and lifespan, and the one universal theme is that quitting smoking is the quickest win on the planet to life longer and improve your quality of life. Drinking red wine because of the "health benefits" is a load of **** and mainly used as an excuse by single women in their 40s who drink too much because they are lonely and unattractive. See the chart - resveratrol is way down in the "conflicting" section. There is evidence however that having a good time with your friends and family will extend the length of your life, as well as improving your quality of life.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

Tribulus is bullshit and does nothing for testosterone levels.

As I said, it's not a miracle worker (it's not a steriod or testosterone), and it will not work for everyone (everyone has a different make up) and sometimes certain things don't work for some people, but work for others.

I've seen good results with tribulus.

Btw, If I was spamming, I would link to a website or name a brand.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Laffertron
, and the one universal theme is that quitting smoking is the quickest win on the planet to life longer and improve your quality of life.

This is bullshit. I was much happier when I was smoking. I may very well live longer and healthier because I don't smoke, but I won't be nearly as happy or get laid nearly as much as when I was smoking.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles

Hey metro, give google a spin. There is a lot of info out there about the benefits of fish oil. I can email you some studies if you'd like.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by olstudios
great tips
biggrin.gif

I've been taking fish oil, vitamin b complex and vitamin c. I'm trying to lose weight and overal maintain a healthy life style. Any more vitamins I should be taking?

I'd start taking a really nice daily multi vitamin. Get something with a prostate support blend (that will include things like: saw palmetto -- etc).

make sure you are exercising. Whats your routine look like?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics