• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie Swap Box #2 Idea

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's on its way back to me. WYL sent me a tracking number earlier this week.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It has arrived. I think the pictures have made things seem more dire than they are. The biggest disappointment for me is the BB madder paisley. I like the look, but the construction is too thin and even with the DFIH, the knot was meh.

I was going to take a picture with each tie shown worn, but got bored, so only got through the better (IMO) ties. After that, I just took pictures of the ties by themselves. So, sit back and enjoy this big-ass post...

TSB2_Worn12.jpg

TSB2_Worn11.jpg

TSB2_Worn10.jpg

TSB2_Worn08.jpg

TSB2_Worn07.jpg

TSB2_Worn05.jpg

TSB2_Worn04.jpg

TSB2_Worn03.jpg

TSB2_Worn02.jpg

TSB2_Worn01.jpg

These two are where I got bored.

TSB2_Worn06.jpg

TSB2_Worn09.jpg

TSB244.jpg

TSB243.jpg

TSB242.jpg

TSB241.jpg

TSB240.jpg

TSB239.jpg

TSB238.jpg

TSB237.jpg

TSB236.jpg

TSB235.jpg

TSB234.jpg

TSB233.jpg

TSB232.jpg

TSB231.jpg

TSB230.jpg

TSB229.jpg

TSB228.jpg

TSB227.jpg

TSB226.jpg

TSB225.jpg

TSB224.jpg

TSB223.jpg

TSB222.jpg

TSB221.jpg

TSB220.jpg

TSB219.jpg

TSB218.jpg

TSB217.jpg

TSB216.jpg

TSB215.jpg

TSB214.jpg

TSB213.jpg

TSB212.jpg

TSB211.jpg

TSB210.jpg

TSB209.jpg

TSB208.jpg

TSB207.jpg

TSB206.jpg

TSB205.jpg

TSB204.jpg

TSB203.jpg

TSB202.jpg

TSB201.jpg

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Right? After all the "tragedy" this and "horror" that, a fair number of the ties are totally acceptable.

I'm keeping the bow tie.

amnesiacv2

Reaction score
Oh my god. I love that Brioni. Love love love. Who do I have to pay off / trade with / murder to get that one? I'd trade several of my other ties for it.

Last edited:

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope Hikari and WGP (i think thats who passed) don't regret passing it up on my word. If they see something they like, maybe give them a chance to go through the box.

Or, list them. At least someone on this planet likes that brioni tie....

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like some of those ties. The GB definately needs to go. I can't believe people were complaining so much.

GHo

Reaction score
agree. this isn't all that bad. I wish i would've had it sent to me to get that purple Armani tie. very nice.

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Armani is a dark burgundy IMO (I was the one who put it in) - I did NOT pass, btw, not sure who all did. I actually almost sold that tie twice - both buyers fell through - so I thought it would be a good addition for the box.

Also, someone likes that Brioni? I thrifted it and then traded it to Spoo, who threw it in the box almost as a joke. :lol: I showed it to my wife when the box came through and she was like "... I THOUGHT YOU GOT RID OF THAT!!!" ;)

Thanks for taking all those pics, Sugarbutch!

My nominations to be removed and donated or sent to whoever may want them at their cost:
Note that in part, these are style-agnostic and are just trying to improve the baseline quality / value of the box - I realize some of these are fairly soporific, but honestly that's of no use if the tie is poorly made
Beene #1
Pierre Cardin
Bill Blass
Calvin Klein
The two with no maker tag (really?!)
Qiubite
Beene #2
BB 346 ties (there's 2 I think - that's the made-for-outlet line....)
Maybe the Gariani? I recall thinking it was cheaply made, and I can't find any on ebay, etc)

Seriously, that's cutting about 10-11 ties out of 31. I think that goes a long way toward improving the baseline quality and value of the box. There's still some pretty borderline stuff in the box if all those removals are made, but at least it's a start. Also, we need to be clear that additions like the above are simply not acceptable going forward, and require photos of what you put in and what you took out.

Just my two cents... feel free to hate / critique / comment / ignore however much you like. :)

amnesiacv2

Reaction score
My offer for the Brioni still stands. I have eclectic tastes. :)
I'll buy it out or trade for it, either way.

Last edited:

WRAdviser

Reaction score
Well it's sad to see what's come of this box.

I agree you should cull half the ties and keep it going. If you send it to me I will seed it with some good ties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads