• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie selection for red gingham shirt

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the way I would go. Simple blue with a stripe, solid, or subtle pattern. If there is a pattern make sure it is different in scale than the gingham. Generally the shirt does the work here. The tie should be subtle.

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
That's the way I would go. Simple blue with a stripe, solid, or subtle pattern. If there is a pattern make sure it is different in scale than the gingham. Generally the shirt does the work here. The tie should be subtle.

I'd just go with a solid navy.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think PG has used a dotted navy knit? But then, I seem to recall his shirt being orange gingham

elgreco

Reaction score
I found this worked well for me:
3234607881_9e791415eb_o.jpg
The tie is a black background with lots of tiny white pindots, creating an overall graying effect from afar.

Rossini

Reaction score
Yes, a dark navy grenadine.

I bet you could get away with a thoughtful green or yellow too.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO red tie (darker than the shirt).

That's what I wear to the dentist (you can't see blood on it).

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a red gingham and will wear a bright or dark red tie on it, either a textured solid or one with blue doo-dads on it. The reverse also works, a medium to dark blue with or without red doo-dads on them. A purple might work too. If it were the right shade of pink, like a cerise vs. a band-aid pink.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elgreco
I found this worked well for me:

3234607881_9e791415eb_o.jpg

The tie is a black background with lots of tiny white pindots, creating an overall graying effect from afar.

That's a great look.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about a (royal/navy) blue gingham?

Generally, what goes best with any colored gingham print? Solid is a safe bet, but what about stripes, plaid, etc.? My apologies...I haven't seen many tie/gingham combos around.

vipermj9

Reaction score
I've been putting my gingham outfit together for a few weeks now.
I have a dark blue gingham shirt. I then bought a solid navy and solid dark red knit tie. I can't decide which really looks better. I like both of them.
I'm thinking of pairing the outfit with a khaki jacket and dark jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads