• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can't lie, I'm a few minutes late to about 40% of my meetings
1f60a.png

How long did you keep GF waiting?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My favorite was my boss who would show up 10-15 minutes late - late enough that we'd start without him - and then go back through the agenda and say, "I know you've already talked about this, but let's go over it again."

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's actually the thing that makes me feel bad about being late. Everyone stops the conversation to rehash ground already covered for my benefit.

It doesn't make me feel bad enough to stop being late though :facepalm:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alcohol or some combinations of drugs causes it^^

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do cats that otherwise never scratch the furniture know that it's okay to scratch a scratching post?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

How do cats that otherwise never scratch the furniture know that it's okay to scratch a scratching post? 

It takes some work as their owner but it really works. Our guys do leave the occasional mark on our leather but it's by accident if they do.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

brokencycle

Reaction score
My neighbors are the opposite of the /r/frugal type crowd. They work multiple jobs at less than market rates. The wife is a CPA for a private school and the husband works for the city, but then she tends bar and he does random stuff like hauling people's bagsters to the dump for less than the garbage company charges. That's great and all, except then they pay people to do a bunch of random stuff, like they pay almost $100/mo for someone to come and pickup the dog poop in their yard.

They tried convincing me to sign up for the service, and something that takes me 5 minutes a week doesn't seem worth $100/mo to me, and they seemingly have to work one of their side jobs for more than 20 minutes a month to cover that cost.

To each their own, but that seems almost as crazy as the other side of the coin.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird. Bagging dog **** in your backyard every Sunday builds character. Also makes you wonder why you even own the damn mutt. "Jesuz christ. Disgusting. Goddamned thing bette bite a prowler one of these days..." etc

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I was the operations guy the CEO would constantly be late to meetings. I finally instructed everyone to completely ignore him as he would open the door, sashay in, pause and wait for the imagined applause. I think people that are habitually late feel all eyes are upon them and his behaviour confirmed that for me.

Late seems normal for me. So often, when I try to get there early, then I'm really late.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Weird. Bagging dog **** in your backyard every Sunday builds character. Also makes you wonder why you even own the damn mutt. "Jesuz christ. Disgusting. Goddamned thing bette bite a prowler one of these days..." etc

I don't much enjoy picking up after the dog, but like I said, it is a quick job. Assuming they make $25/hr on the side and they have a marginal tax rate of 43.5% (federal, state, and fica in a middle bracket), they would have to work 7 hours to pay for the service vs 20 minutes of unpaid labor.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That "Everyday Carry" thing where people claim to carry 3 knives, 2 flashlights, 50m of paracord, a pen that looks like a rifle bolt, and a self-inflating raft in a canister and then you look at their job and it's like "accountant."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads