• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I was a very young child there was a time I was at Pizza Hut with my brother and my mother and a friend from school. Somehow the conversation turned to music my friend said his favorite song was "The Long Run" by the Eagles. That was like a punch in the gut to me took the wind right out of my sails (mixing metaphors) because "The Long Run" was my favorite song. (This is probably 1980 we are talking about.) I felt like I'd lost my identity didn't even know who I was in the world anymore.

I wonder if that's why I posts things on the Internet as a adult just trying to discover the true Linkadessen through the written word since I han lost my being-core those many years ago.

Streettrash

Reaction score
WWB (100 rounds) of 9mm or .40 cal used to be $10-12 bucks at Walmarts. Now they are in the $30'ish range.
frown.gif

Last time I went into a Walmarts the greeter asked if he could help me find anything, and I told him yes, I'm looking for a belt fed water cooled weapon because this place is a target rich environment.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Last time I went into a Walmarts the greeter asked if he could help me find anything, and I told him yes, I'm looking for a belt fed water cooled weapon because this place is a target rich environment.

I'm sure you made the day for that modestly paid old person just trying to make ends meet.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol "Ganjabaire"

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WWB (100 rounds) of 9mm or .40 cal used to be $10-12 bucks at Walmarts. Now they are in the $30'ish range. :(

I honestly haven't had ammo since 9mm was around $12. Looks like I was right to horde. Of course, that also means I was part of the problem.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was in a meeting wanted to express disagreement with a point that had been made I said "Maybe I am idiosyncratic..." I was interrupted by the other meeting participants straightaway they was like "Yup, you are!!!" Apparently I got some nonstandard ways to me.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just moments ago on my drive home from the workplace I realized it is probably unusual to have the same middle name as your mother but that is the case with me got the same middle name.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just graded a batch of quizzes for logic made me wonder if Mengtibbi didn't accidentally sell me hallucinogens instead of his usual counterfeit weeg because I can't believe the students could perform so badly in the really existing world of which we live in. All I needed them to do was memorize some basic definitions and logical forms. I guess I should have been tipped off when the students asked me if the definition section would be matching. (They were genuinely surprised when I told them that no the definition section was not matching.)

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No lie, one of the hardest exams I ever had was entirely made up of true/false, matching and multiple choice sections. The professor got tired of students asked dumb-assed questions like, "can we have a mid term without essay questions?" So he started giving one, and he got vicious with the technicalities, gotcha phrasing, etc. He especially liked giving weird options in the multiple choice section, like "All of A and D, as well as part of F." And yes, he really had multiple choice questions with 7-8 answer choices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads