• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Kira

Reaction score
Well, I find September to be the best month in the third quarter.

syke

Kira

Reaction score
I don't get trivial things that go viral (e.g. Alex from Target).

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The band that's playing at the brewpub tonight is called The Mennonite Delitez. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cupboard and whatnot, but why would I want to go and see a band called The Mennonite Delitez?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I don't get trivial things that go viral (e.g. Alex from Target).

I would have thought you had an innate understanding of the trivial.

Her: I feel like I'm going no where in life.

Me: Your hair is mussed.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have some friends on Facebook who are constantly posting pictures of their children. I don't mean like every once in a while, I mean multiple times per day. The children are always mugging for the camera and getting multiple comments of "oh how cute!!!" I seriously wonder how that affects a child's sense of self. In my life I've had an almost impossibly low level of engagement with children, so I really don't have any special insight, but it seems like that would encourage self-importance.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score

I have some friends on Facebook who are constantly posting pictures of their children. I don't mean like every once in a while, I mean multiple times per day. The children are always mugging for the camera and getting multiple comments of "oh how cute!!!" I seriously wonder how that affects a child's sense of self. In my life I've had an almost impossibly low level of engagement with children, so I really don't have any special insight, but it seems like that would encourage self-importance.

Don't worry, Linc. All it will take is being on the losing end of a few childhood games of cornhole and these kids exaggerated sense of self importance will dissolve like the delicate facial features of a vain but pretty afghan school girl doused in acid.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Umm, I think that makes me worry more actually.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I was being interviewed at a local pizza/seafood place by the breeder I was trying to get a dog from, the breeder referred to children as "those little things that make noise."

Kira

Reaction score
Older woman with no intention on having kids = hot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads