• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like Gräzl is back under the moniker "Man_Gräzl." How the hell do people not put two and two together realize that's Gräzl? It reminds me of the time Dusty Rhodes got banned from Florida wrestling and then came back straightaway as "The Midnight Rider" people was all like "Aw cool it's a new wrestler we hant seen before!" I'm like "Come on people!"

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Betimes I think some of you guys get on here and post posts that aren't real events I have never in my life had rip in the elbow of shirt or been invited to go fishing as part of balchler party or suchlike.

I cant make **** up, I'm not that creative.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't make up stuff of fiction either just don't have that skill to me, but I feel like I can recognize made up fiction when I see it. The idea of fishing as part of balchler party just didn't look like it had verisimilitude to it. Maybe it was a dream to where you didn't make it up on purpose.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

Ugh. So glad I was drunk rather than on law review. Hang in there.

Just one month left before we pass it off to a new batch of suckers editors. btw, a friend of mine transferred to your alma mater and showed me the write on. I thought UCLA's was bad but that thing was a beast.

My law review article had almost 180 pages of footnotes. Good times.

That's disgusting.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every sense I switched my computer to "El Chaplain" or whatever I have lost the ability to go to the previous screen by swiping my finger over the surface of the mouse. (Don't anyone respond by saying "Why you even got of Mac is a bullshit computer of which no man need got what you deserved choochaw!!!")

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My friend has stage two breast cancer. Work is giving her 6 months off but looks like she might need a year. So not only does she lose a year of her life she might have to quit her job. We also can't visit her because when chemo starts her immune system is really weak and the doctors don't want her to have outside contact

We hung out for the last time yesterday. I'm really devastated. We told her we'd get through this together I don't know what that actually means. Her family isn't taking it well either. She's now staying with her family and she's going crazy cuz her mother is beginning to be really overbearing about all the fake health type stuff she sees on TV

**** cancer

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

My friend has stage two breast cancer. Work is giving her 6 months off but looks like she might need a year. So not only does she lose a year of her life she might have to quit her job. We also can't visit her because when chemo starts her immune system is really weak and the doctors don't want her to have outside contact

We hung out for the last time yesterday. I'm really devastated. We told her we'd get through this together I don't know what that actually means. Her family isn't taking it well either. She's now staying with her family and she's going crazy cuz her mother is beginning to be really overbearing about all the fake health type stuff she sees on TV

**** cancer

yeah, her year is going to suck. It's going to suck hard. My mother had stage 3 a number of years ago, and the impact was massive for 20-24 months.

but whatever. Since my mother worked at a hospital, she could keep her job, but she has since left anyways and has found something new and awesome since. It's not a death sentence nor a career death sentence.

I feel like the "no outside visits" is weird, but she will be insanely weak for a very long time. I guess my advice is to just continue to be a friend ... don't be overbearing, don't treat it like death, help out where you need to, but just let her do what needs to be done.

also, her mother sounds like the last thing a cancer patient wants to deal with. so don't be like her.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to be supportive but I also want to respect her space. I just don't know what to do. When my mom had stage three breast cancer all I could do was call her every once in awhile. Now that I can do something I feel guilty for my not really being able to do anything.

Maybe when she's stronger we can arrange a visit. She said they're going to do a round of chemo and then excise the tumor and another round of chemo. Her doctor said the prognosis looks good tho.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
That's rough, indesertum. Best wishes to your friend.

I'm pissed that lately I'm constantly being suckered by fanciful and inefficient you guys post here because archetypal_yuppie hasn't been around to speak the truth to your power.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your friend, InD. Hoping things work out well for all concerned.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's rough, indesertum. Best wishes to your friend.

I'm pissed that lately I'm constantly being suckered by fanciful and inefficient you guys post here because archetypal_yuppie hasn't been around to speak the truth to your power.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Driving in a parking lot person comes right at me on the wrong side of path pert near hits me she's got a look of anger on her visage like that she thinks I'm to blame. Later when we are both out of our cars she is like "You got to stay out my way!" And I was like "Your way is on the right side not on the left we have a system for that works perty well." She was like "Well I don't care what you call it long as you stay out of my way!"

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving in a parking lot person comes right at me on the wrong side of path pert near hits me she's got a look of anger on her visage like that she thinks I'm to blame. Later when we are both out of our cars she is like "You got to stay out my way!" And I was like "Your way is on the right side not on the left we have a system for that works perty well." She was like "Well I don't care what you call it long as you stay out of my way!"

So you met the wife

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Food service people who don' t know the difference between toast and warmed bread.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads