• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It has been awhile since I had TW, but I don't recall any issues. I've had Comcast for a year, and they've been pretty much as bad as I'd heard. However, no TV/internet company has ever matched Charter when it comes to pure, spectacular awfulness. They were so bad it almost seemed intentional.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have TW for cable and Verizon for my internet and home phone.

Just last week, TW called me trying to "up-sell" me on their triple play package. I said that one of the reasons that I don;t want to switch is that if I have just 1 provider and my service goes out, I am SOL. During Superstorm Sandy, I always had either my internet or cable working.

I also have to swap TW cable boxes at least 2-3 times a year after they fail.

Woman and I spoke for a while. I was asking her questions, some of which she could answer and some she apologized for not answering. Whatever. I was just killing time.

What happened earlier today....cable box went down. After unplugging and plugging back in 5-6 times...and after 30 minutes, it came back on. I was fully expecting to have to swap out the box again.

From what I have read, TW's cust service is much better than Comcast.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am located in a small section of NEPA that still has an independent cable company. I only use them for internet access but they are awesome.

Also, it might help that I have rep'd 3 of their service personnel on DUI/drug charges.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cablevison has been a PITA for me. I have not been able to get them to fix an incessant lag in the signal that requires me to watch on a 10 second delay. They always blame the wiring in the house that was done by the prior owners.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Betimes I listen to "dream pop" music in my office to where if I want to sing along I have to do hell of falsetto. (The singers are always female and sing in a breathy voice of which is not natural to me needless to say.) Sometimes people come into my office be like "where did that lady go I know there is a lady in here be singing." And I sheepishly say "Naw thawas me." :embar:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In that general kind of style, yes. But I've been singing along to such as Still Corners and Lyla Foy.

My reglar voice is deep of tone to where I have to sing falsetto even to sing Interpol songs. (Of course that is also a symptom of I am not a good singer!)

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The CFO of the company who employs me has an awesome voice. It is very deep, somewhat monotone and he has this friendly somewhat mid-western accent to which anything he says sounds very important.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can give you some key insights as to why off the record. SEC prohibits me from making forward looking statements via Style Forum.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I know where pB works now. He is most certainly a financial analyst of sorts, too, based on some of his poasts.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I think I know where pB works now. He is most certainly a financial analyst of sorts, too, based on some of his poasts.

he works at Time Warner Cable.

Comcast would have offered better medical and dental insurance.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads