• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

no way to win. :fu:

What about learning to read a map? What do you need a GPS in your own city for anyways?

edit: not trying to be a dick...sucks major balls that you got hit by the thieves. What about a phone dock and a nav app?

Last edited:

runner-guy

Reaction score
I don't get this obsession women athletes have with hyphenated names. To quote George Carlin, "Pick a ******* name!"

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't get this obsession women athletes have with hyphenated names. To quote George Carlin, "Pick a ******* name!"

My wife and I were talking about this recently, and we came to the conclusion that it's probably because they'd gained some amount of notoriety before they got married. It's common in other professions to keep one's name or hyphenate if you've already established yourself under that name and it has some value; I'd think the same logic holds for world-class athletes.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^ that sucks, stitchy. damn criminals.

thanks acidbro.

What about learning to read a map? What do you need a GPS in your own city for anyways?
edit: not trying to be a dick...sucks major balls that you got hit by the thieves. What about a phone dock and a nav app?

my wife reading a map? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

she needs it because she travels every day for work to different offices, and has no idea where they are. another lovely aspect of bmore is that the city planners must have been on crack, and none of the streets make sense. its always fun when a street all of a sudden has a new name, and then somehow intersects with itself. or a street that disappears and then picks up again a few block later as if by magic. without a GPS she would not stand a chance getting around.

as to a smart phone with a map app, i offered it, but she doesnt want a smart phone. and she shouldnt have one. whatever belongs to the wife inevitably ends up being man handled by the baby and kids. any decent phone would be ruined.

its a delicate topic that last one. the root of many a grievance in the stitch household. maybe t-bird or some other married dudes with kids can sympathise with the issue.

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my wifes car was broken into last night and her GPS was stolen. a bunch of other cars on the street were broken into as well. no broken glass or locks. apparently there is a way to get into cars locked with the clicker. same thing happened in my sisters development not too long ago, 15 cars in one night.

something along the lines of this.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/lockcode.asp

******* animals.

sorry stitch, at lest they left the wheels :)

two of my neighbors' cars were broken into last night, this is not the first time. :fu:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got my new state safety inspection sticker from the dealer... drove home... hit massive pothole on Queens Blvd... :fu:

I was expecting a flat(s) but all I really got was a slight pull to the right when driving.... the dealer was cool and took the car back and checked the alignment. Apparently both rims on the right side are slightly bent (causing the pull). Dealer has in-house rim-truing but they want over $500 for it. Called some other places and they are going lower than $100 per wheel.

At least there was not major damage requiring new rims.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would hate this, I would look around every time someone came or went.

Yup. Also, changed offices because of building renovations and some clown thought it'd be a bright idea to install motion sensing lights that go off if people haven't activated them every 10 minutes.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

just got my new state safety inspection sticker from the dealer... drove home... hit massive pothole on Queens Blvd... :fu:

I was expecting a flat(s) but all I really got was a slight pull to the right when driving.... the dealer was cool and took the car back and checked the alignment. Apparently both rims on the right side are slightly bent (causing the pull). Dealer has in-house rim-truing but they want over $500 for it. Called some other places and they are going lower than $100 per wheel.

Man, that sucks.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
doods, leaving a gps, radar detector, laptop etc in plain sight is a guaranteed break-in. it's not if, it's when.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I lived off of Queens Blvd for a year. Gotta be one of the most hellish streets in the U.S.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Playing softball today, running hard to beat out a slow grounder. Shortstop makes a hard throw...which hits me right in the exact spot on my left arm where I have five stitches from Tuesday's surgery. :fu:

After I got hit I went down like a pole-axed ox and the other team had no idea why. I actually started laughing, it hurt and all but it was just so absurd that it was funny somehow. Seems ok now, and I'm enjoying a well deserved Percoset. Hurt like a ***** and I was bleeding like a stuck hog, but fortunately it didn't tear out the stitches. Seems fine now, all things considered.

And no stitchy, I did not get any pics.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

doods, leaving a gps, radar detector, laptop etc in plain sight is a guaranteed break-in. it's not if, it's when.

was not in plain sight.

caltex - thanks

doc - that sucks :(

gib - feel better man. but i bet a video of you dropping like its hot would be entertaining.

JJ - BE SAFE!!! glad you made it.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my wifes car was broken into last night and her GPS was stolen. a bunch of other cars on the street were broken into as well. no broken glass or locks. apparently there is a way to get into cars locked with the clicker. same thing happened in my sisters development not too long ago, 15 cars in one night.
something along the lines of this.
http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/lockcode.asp
******* animals.
Stitch, I hadn't heard about this method for breaking in cars. This is worrisome. Sorry this happened to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads