• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Booze is harder to cover than weed, as long as you don't walk in smelling like a spliff.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booze is harder to cover than weed, as long as you don't walk in smelling like a spliff.

Fair point. I never partook, but those two were party animals. Trips to Yosemite, one dude had a pink flamingo in front of his tent so he’d know which tent was his when hey got up to piss in the middle of the night, and an umbrella attached to his camp chair for the same reason.

Those New Years trips were epic.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year. Been forever since I've logged in, but I felt nostalgic with another year passing. Much has changed. I endured grueling rounds of chemotherapy, but I overcame that. Lost my hair, could barely walk towards the end of it, endured what I hope will be the worst pain of my life with those white-cell stimulating shots--holy ****!

Suffered through a few promotions with work, but continued to find my way up the ladder. About to take the terminal exam in my profession, the highest license. Traveled around, lived abroad, dated abroad--eventually became homesick, went home.

Before chemo, I was living in this eastern European village for a while--drinking this kiosk wine, staring into the smog that hung over the whole town in the early morning, watching all the lamps twinkle in the thick haze was this profound moment of mental clarity. That was a WEIRD time, man every time I left the apartment, I passed by the hospital in town--the street across had like four or five little family owned coffin shops...convenient. It was a romantic time I guess, eventually Cyrillic got old, having to wire money through a middle man for any real expense got old.

I think I've been to something like 50 countries at this point.

Fell in love back in the US, went well for awhile, amazing chemistry, but incompatible ideals of work-life balance. Surprise, don't date women with no friends when ya away 8 months a year.

I try, for the most part, to just live the most boring white-bread life at this point. When you can't even stand up to piss, it makes one more appreciative to simply ride a bike, work or drive a car. It's the small things. About to pull the trigger on a home, that, a few years back, I couldn't imagine--it's also amazing what you can afford, when you no longer have those mornings where: "Holy ****...did I drop $600 on beers, cocktails, Ubers and Whitecastles?"

Man, I will say this, I feel ******* OLD. I'm content, but man, I ******* miss some of those wild no-*****-given adventures. I started a Hinge recently (ROFL), I swear, every 30-something woman wants to laugh and travel, and I'm just like, can we just read a book and shut the **** up?

Anyhow, I'm not dead. Good to see you all.

-B.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Glad you're still kicking @Biscotti !

Spent a couple of hours at the vet yesterday, once again. One of our newly adopted kitties came to us with a chronic diarrhea problem and now she's barely eating.

It's triggering my PTSD from losing our old kitty to lymphoma. Wife and I are stressed out messes.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of our newly adopted kitties came to us with a chronic diarrhea problem and now she's barely eating.
Hang in there...
Once upon a time my ex insisted we go get a kitten from the shelter.
He was found behind a dumpster in HB, and was so small they had him in a shoe box behind the counter.
He was sick and flea ridden. I remember he fit in the palm of my hand while I shampooed him with flea stuff.
He ended up being 20 pounds and lived 20 years. Spoiled beyond belief.
I used to sit on the couch looking at him and saying......"you lucky muthaf****r"

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I juiced lemons and limes into separate containers. My gf while cleaning put them in the same container.

Thanks, lady.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I juiced lemons and limes into separate containers. My gf while cleaning put them in the same container.

Thanks, lady.
She's seen too many Sprite commercials. It's not her fault.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads