• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whistling is a sh!tty hobby. I'd rather listen to someone fart than whistle. At least farting serves a purpose.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whistling is a sh!tty hobby. I'd rather listen to someone fart than whistle. At least farting serves a purpose.
Whistling is a hobby? I thought it was an indicator of sociopathy.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update on the dog:

I drove through the neighborhood yesterday looking for posters and those “protected by invisible fence” signs. I found a house with one of those signs at the end of a cul-de-sac right near where we found the dog. Seemed like that had to be it, since it was a straight shot through a neighbors backyard to the main road. Nobody answered the door, so I left a note saying he was at the shelter. Just checked the shelter website, and the dog is no longer listed, so hopefully he’s back with his family.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Somebody on a USMC forum I follow posted up the duty logbook from the barracks on the day of the incident. The day starts normally enough with a plumber being called out to fix something, then a Marine returns some gear to the duty guy… then the duty discovers the girl in a barracks room, PMO arrives, NCIS arrives, interviews happen, etc. in the middle of PMO and NCIS, San Diego police, and Zeroes coming and going some unlucky Marine checks in off of leave in the middle of the day. That did make me laugh.

I’m sure that Marine pulled up to the barracks and saw all the police cars and activity and just thought to himself, “Faaaaaqqqq!” and there were probably a bunch of other Marines hanging out on the balconies watching all the sh1t going down who wanted to yell out to this guy to just go back on vacation.

I imagine that entire battalion is pretty much on lockdown right now.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Somebody on a USMC forum I follow posted up the duty logbook from the barracks on the day of the incident. The day starts normally enough with a plumber being called out to fix something, then a Marine returns some gear to the duty guy… then the duty discovers the girl in a barracks room, PMO arrives, NCIS arrives, interviews happen, etc. in the middle of PMO and NCIS, San Diego police, and Zeroes coming and going some unlucky Marine checks in off of leave in the middle of the day. That did make me laugh.

I’m sure that Marine pulled up to the barracks and saw all the police cars and activity and just thought to himself, “Faaaaaqqqq!” and there were probably a bunch of other Marines hanging out on the balconies watching all the sh1t going down who wanted to yell out to this guy to just go back on vacation.

I imagine that entire battalion is pretty much on lockdown right now.

NYPICHPDPICT000013830099.jpg

NYPICHPDPICT000013830075.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up the wrong order at a bagel place. :fu::fu::fu:

It was near my dentist and now I'm home, so I'm not gonna sit in the car for 30 minutes to go back...now instead of $30 worth of bagel sandwiches, I have 2 everything bagels and 2 tubs of cream cheese (one of which is an incredibly aggressive garlic cream cheese).

I admit, they did call a name that was close to mine...but I have a funny name and the girl at the counter looked very unsure when I gave it to her. The only other people in the store were an old couple who had JUST placed their order. They brought the order out, called the wrong name and then just stared at me like "why aren't you standing up"...I feel like if it was someone else's order, they would have said something.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up the wrong order at a bagel place. :fu::fu::fu:

It was near my dentist and now I'm home, so I'm not gonna sit in the car for 30 minutes to go back...now instead of $30 worth of bagel sandwiches, I have 2 everything bagels and 2 tubs of cream cheese (one of which is an incredibly aggressive garlic cream cheese).

I admit, they did call a name that was close to mine...but I have a funny name and the girl at the counter looked very unsure when I gave it to her. The only other people in the store were an old couple who had JUST placed their order. They brought the order out, called the wrong name and then just stared at me like "why aren't you standing up"...I feel like if it was someone else's order, they would have said something.

This happened to me a couple of months ago - daughter and I went to go pick up pizza, salad, and chicken from one of our favorite neighborhood spots. It was hoppin' when we walked in but our order should have been ready. Lady behind the counter goes looking for it, confirms my name and phone number and looks again and cannot find it. Then gets a defeated look on her face as she picks up the stack of filled receipts and reads the order back to me. Sure enough, they gave it to another customer. They were extremely apologetic about it. Oh well... not much we could do about it at that point so we sat on the little bench in the lobby while they pushed a replacement order for us to the front of the queue.

After about 15 minutes our replacement food was ready and the manager wouldn't accept any money for it so I happily stuffed a $20 in the tip jar.

I have a fairly common name but I go by the diminutive version of it. While we were sitting there we figured it was somebody who goes by the shortened version of the same name who took my pies because his came out of the oven and were never picked up. I have to imagine that that guy's family was going to be pretty hungry when he got home because his order was 2 extra large pizzas, a gigantic salad, a bunch of wings, and a thing of garlic bread. Our order was two small square pizzas (one with onions and anchovies), a small salad, and a few wings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads