• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Texas Roadhouse was a favorite of mine when I was in the Marines (it was slim pickins down in Jacksonville, NC). I distinctly remember loving the bread that they served, but I didn't love it enough to ever make me go back to once since I left NC 18 years ago.

Maybe I'll have to find one around here and take my kids. They'd probably love that crap!
IIRC that bread had more sugar than flour in it. I remember the peanuts strewn about the place and the steak being unremarkable at a modest price.

Working in a paper mill until retirement and then travelling the country for purposes of eating hundreds of overcooked mediocre steaks has to be in Dante's Inferno Part Deux.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC that bread had more sugar than flour in it. I remember the peanuts strewn about the place and the steak being unremarkable at a modest price.

Working in a paper mill until retirement and then travelling the country for purposes of eating hundreds of overcooked mediocre steaks has to be in Dante's Inferno Part Deux.
Just a note, paper mills and steel mills are tied for the most hellish work environments on earth. Even that crappy restaurant would seem like heaven to anyone who spent their life in either.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a note, paper mills and steel mills are tied for the most hellish work environments on earth. Even that crappy restaurant would seem like heaven to anyone who spent their life in either.
Paper mills have to be worse, that smell on the approach for miles... 🤢

And you are right. Plenty of worse ways to spend retirement, to be fair they mentioned visiting national parks etc. On the journey.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paper mills have to be worse, that smell on the approach for miles... 🤢

And you are right. Plenty of worse ways to spend retirement, to be fair they mentioned visiting national parks etc. On the journey.
Wood is rendered to paper pulp with sulphuric acid

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

one of my grandfathers worked in a paper mill for 30 years

my other grandfather worked in a steel mill for 30 years

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Verizon DSL (yes, I realize that I’m in the Stone Age) is out for the third time in the last few days. I have to use cellular service to hang out with my Styleforum e-bros.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of my grandfathers worked in a paper mill for 30 years

my other grandfather worked in a steel mill for 30 years
Years back I was working in a refinery up in Martinez Ca. when these two guys from Pittsburgh started bs'ing about working in the steel mills. Much confusion ensued for about ten minutes until they realized one was from Pittsburgh Pa and the other onewas from Pittsburgh Ca

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine in HS worked for a steel co., Went through the vocational program and earned enough money in HS for a T Top Firebird.

Place was affectionately known as the suck shack. Most people viewed that as a plumb job given the wages and bennies, glad for him he got out early.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years back I was working in a refinery up in Martinez Ca. when these two guys from Pittsburgh started bs'ing about working in the steel mills. Much confusion ensued for about ten minutes until they realized one was from Pittsburgh Pa and the other onewas from Pittsburgh Ca

and of course they're both talking bethlehem steel .

my grandfather told me this story of how he was working a 12 hour shift and his replacement never showed so he worked through the shift ( can't leave your position without a replacement worker ) and then his other shift came back up so now it's 36 hours , gets home and of course his MIL needs him to drive her to the city so he does , gets home again and crashes , wakes up and half his face is sliding off his skull he'd had a stroke . was in his 30s .

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone at my office decides to add those hand "blowers" in the toilets. Ok.

But same genius decides to remove the paper towel dispensers.

How the **** does said decision maker think people like me quickly raise toilet seat, flush toilet, open bathroom door when finished, grab some when eating lunch at desk, etc.....without paper towels?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member