• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son and his girlfriend got T-boned by a red light runner in Sonoma this morning. Luckily they had just entered the intersection after their light turned green and the "old woman in a fucked up truck" (he's 18 so this could have been anyone from about 40 on up) hit them just ahead of the passenger compartment and spun the car (Honda Accord) around instead of the side taking the full impact. The airbags deployed and he and his girlfriend are both OK. They had just stopped at a coffee shop and were completely drenched in hot java as a bonus. When he FaceTimed me to let me know all I could see was a blur because his phone got fully caffeinated too. The cops told him the other driver was speeding, 100% in the wrong and would definitely be charged with something. Jesus Christ. Too ******* close!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"Farias accusing his mother of holding him captive and abusing him: making him 'play daddy' while naked in bed"

🤮

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My son and his girlfriend got T-boned by a red light runner in Sonoma this morning. Luckily they had just entered the intersection after their light turned green and the "old woman in a fucked up truck" (he's 18 so this could have been anyone from about 40 on up) hit them just ahead of the passenger compartment and spun the car (Honda Accord) around instead of the side taking the full impact. The airbags deployed and he and his girlfriend are both OK. They had just stopped at a coffee shop and were completely drenched in hot java as a bonus. When he FaceTimed me to let me know all I could see was a blur because his phone got fully caffeinated too. The cops told him the other driver was speeding, 100% in the wrong and would definitely be charged with something. Jesus Christ. Too ******* close!
Hopefully they're okay man

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds awful, hope they are OK! Sounds like another case of annual license renewal being way too easy.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Intersections are the deadliest so I have been looking both ways lately when crossing intersections because of this exact thing.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best wishes, OM! I'm glad they weren't badly hurt! Get them to a doctor ASAP and continue to monitor for delayed effects/damage.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This motherfucker thinks everything is a goddamn alien.

FvEeTmlWIBQmmPe.jpg

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Georgia needs to get their drivers for their players or something.

freshman outside linebacker [...]was ticketed Wednesday morning for going 88 miles per hour in a 55 mph zone

his speeding citation occurred about an hour before Georgia receiver Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint appeared in an Athens courtroom and pleaded guilty to driving 90 mph in a 45 mph zone

ESPN reported in June that Georgia football players and their cars have been involved in at least 10 reports of traffic-related moving violations in Athens-Clarke County since Jan. 15, when Georgia offensive lineman Devin Willock and football staff member Chandler LeCroy were killed in a reckless driving incident [...] LeCroy's SUV, traveling more than 100 mph, left the road and slammed into power poles and trees. LeCroy had a blood alcohol concentration of .197 percent at the time of the crash

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was driving back home during the city’s 4th of July fireworks. Saw an animal in my headlights. It just froze. It was a super cute old Shiba Inu with a cone, flea collar, and zap collar. No ID tag. My wife, who is a saint, jumped out of the car, picked it up out of the road and walked it across a drainage ditch to the nearest house. Sprained her ankle doing it. Owner had no idea whose dog it was, so she put it down hoping he would know where he was and go home, but he followed her back to the car. We drove around the neighborhood with the windows down hoping we’d hear someone yelling for him, asked a few cars, no dice. Call police. They say we can either take him home or leave him.

Now it’s after 10, we are 15-20 min from home, and my mother-in-law is babysitting, so we decide to take the dog. We’re not set up to take care of a dog. She has 3 dogs, so she (also a saint) takes him overnight. We call again in the morning. Animal control says we can take him to the shelter to get checked for a microchip.

I checked to try to find a Facebook group for the neighborhood, no dice. We tried to figure out how to post to another neighborhood’s next door, no dice.

Eventually we have to take him to the shelter. Now my wife finds a lost dog Facebook group and makes a post about it. Guess what half the replies are?

People giving her **** for taking the dog to the shelter.

How about giving **** to the people who put their dog outside on the Fourth of July without ID instead of the people who went above and beyond to rescue him? We couldn’t leave him on the road that there were thousands of people (many certainly drunk) behind us who would hit the road after fireworks ended, and this dog was terrified enough to just freeze in my headlights.

Poor dog was probably scared enough by the fireworks to run through the invisible fence, then didn’t want to go back and get shocked again.

Anyway, f the terrible owners and f all the Facebook busybodies.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Scary stuff! Sounds like it could have been a lot worse and am definitely glad for all involved that it wasn’t!

But… didn’t you post about your son getting into another accident about a week or so ago? Or maybe that was another SFer.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was driving back home during the city’s 4th of July fireworks. Saw an animal in my headlights. It just froze. It was a super cute old Shiba Inu with a cone, flea collar, and zap collar. No ID tag. My wife, who is a saint, jumped out of the car, picked it up out of the road and walked it across a drainage ditch to the nearest house. Sprained her ankle doing it. Owner had no idea whose dog it was, so she put it down hoping he would know where he was and go home, but he followed her back to the car. We drove around the neighborhood with the windows down hoping we’d hear someone yelling for him, asked a few cars, no dice. Call police. They say we can either take him home or leave him.

Now it’s after 10, we are 15-20 min from home, and my mother-in-law is babysitting, so we decide to take the dog. We’re not set up to take care of a dog. She has 3 dogs, so she (also a saint) takes him overnight. We call again in the morning. Animal control says we can take him to the shelter to get checked for a microchip.

I checked to try to find a Facebook group for the neighborhood, no dice. We tried to figure out how to post to another neighborhood’s next door, no dice.

Eventually we have to take him to the shelter. Now my wife finds a lost dog Facebook group and makes a post about it. Guess what half the replies are?

People giving her **** for taking the dog to the shelter.

How about giving **** to the people who put their dog outside on the Fourth of July without ID instead of the people who went above and beyond to rescue him? We couldn’t leave him on the road that there were thousands of people (many certainly drunk) behind us who would hit the road after fireworks ended, and this dog was terrified enough to just freeze in my headlights.

Poor dog was probably scared enough by the fireworks to run through the invisible fence, then didn’t want to go back and get shocked again.

Anyway, f the terrible owners and f all the Facebook busybodies.
I think you're in Detroit, but if you're in SoCal, I'll take a Shiba

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics