• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Frank Rizzo

Reaction score
Lately I've been getting annoyed by people in stores who use the speedy checkout lanes yet move through the process ridiculously slow, as in not being prepared, or writing a check and taking forever in the process.

Also, I'm getting sick and tired of the cost of everything going up right now and my pay not going up with it.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
This is stupid. I've gotten a couple warts on my knuckles (? no idea why) from time to time, and the only thing that's ever worked was digging the sucker out with a knife and letting it heal (DIY not recommended, esp. on your foot). I think wart treatments must be some kind of doctor's scam to keep people coming in for something that's easy for them to do.

+1. I had a plantars wart or whatever embedded in my foot in college and when I went to the doctor, he told me I could come back for repeated acid/freeze/magic/whatever treatments, or he could numb me up and carve it out. I went the short, painful route, and it was worth it.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
This is stupid. I've gotten a couple warts on my knuckles (? no idea why) from time to time, and the only thing that's ever worked was digging the sucker out with a knife and letting it heal (DIY not recommended, esp. on your foot). I think wart treatments must be some kind of doctor's scam to keep people coming in for something that's easy for them to do.

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
+1. I had a plantars wart or whatever embedded in my foot in college and when I went to the doctor, he told me I could come back for repeated acid/freeze/magic/whatever treatments, or he could numb me up and carve it out. I went the short, painful route, and it was worth it.
The doctor said that the wart was too big (actually two warts combined nearly 2 cm in size) and too deep to carve out.
confused.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
******* airlines

I am flying to a family event this weekend - flying in, staying for 2 days, flying out. I made reservations in November. unitied canceled the flight and rebooked me on a flight that gets me after the whole thing is over and has me coming out 12 hours later. had to spend an hour on the phone trying to find a better alternative, now I am flying through ottawa, spending the night in ottawa. have to rebook my hotel and car. not a happy camper.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
******* airlines

I am flying to a family event this weekend - flying in, staying for 2 days, flying out. I made reservations in November. unitied canceled the flight and rebooked me on a flight that gets me after the whole thing is over and has me coming out 12 hours later. had to spend an hour on the phone trying to find a better alternative, now I am flying through ottawa, spending the night in ottawa. have to rebook my hotel and car. not a happy camper.

I think you just don't understand how airports work. Otherwise, you would be grateful.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
I think you just don't understand how airports work. Otherwise, you would be grateful.

yes, of course jb will now come on and tell me how hard it is to run an airline, and I should be greatful for the chance to see ottowa.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
yes, of course jb will now come on and tell me how hard it is to run an airline, and I should be greatful for the chance to see ottowa.
Well, he has a point. After all, you could always charter a personal jet to get you there if it's really that important to you. Or perhaps ride a series of cheetahs.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
...sat on hold with a vendor for so long I forgot why I called or what I was waiting for. Of course I remembered who they were because their hold message repeated every minute or so, with their name and a lame jingle that's now buried between my ears and I am sure to sing it as I drive home.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
I'm at work two hours after I'm supposed to be on a Friday afternoon, for no good reason.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
clogged up blood in my nose from monday that mixed with shnot to cause some thick paste that now is coming out and causing me to feel like throwing up from blowing to get it out, and it going down the back of my throat.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Well, he has a point. After all, you could always charter a personal jet to get you there if it's really that important to you. Or perhaps ride a series of cheetahs.

laugh.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
People I thought I meant more to, especially considering the time and energy I've given them. But really, I guess it always comes back to me for thinking I ever, ever know what the hell is going on.

J, you know I love you man, but I told you I couldn't offer you anything but friendship.
But yea, people who don't meet you halfway -- regardless of the context -- do kinda suck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads