• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As for the app: That's the Census "OnTheMap" web app that uses data from the Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics Origin-Destination Employment Statistics program. They use data from local employers to and match that up with the location of work and location of home so you can see destination, distance, and direction; inflow/outflow patterns; local employment by industry; employment by some key demographic indicators; Job-to-Job transitions; etc. There is a big lag in the data (and some states aren't currently participating) but it's still really powerful data and a lot of it is available through the FTP down to the Census block level which is really nice, especially if you have access to your own GIS software.

The data and web app are free to anybody.

That's an interesting tool I hadn't seen before--I'm gonna use it for some client work right now.

Used this shiz today to directly answer a client question. Your finders fee is in the mail.

I seriously don't know how I didn't know it existed before you mentioned it...especially since the frigging microdata is available. Which is honestly astounding...census bureau usually barely gives you anything at the CB level besides pop (since ACS data wants CBG or Tract at minimum) and here's data on crossed workplace/residence with some rough industry and income info.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just completed my vendor contract renegotiations for 2025. Why are these interactions almost exactly like buying a used car?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just completed my vendor contract renegotiations for 2025. Why are these interactions almost exactly like buying a used car?
I’m not going to a pay a lot for this muffler.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tiny holes in expensive slacks. They are to the layer underneath the fabric, not all the way through, so they look like small, dark stains from a distance. I don't know if they are due to insects or general wear and tear. I fear the former. If insects are the cause, what is the best way to keep them at bay?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tiny holes in expensive slacks. They are to the layer underneath the fabric, not all the way through, so they look like small, dark stains from a distance. I don't know if they are due to insects or general wear and tear. I fear the former. If insects are the cause, what is the best way to keep them at bay?

DDT shower and change your bed clothing more often:teach:

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strix