• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

So I was lugging up two heavy suitcases and several containers up the stairs yesterday as my apartment has no elevator. It was a long day of moving heavy furniture, so I was tired and drenched in sweat. Anyways, I got tired on my way up several flights, so I eventually let one of the suitcases down. In the process, my body also bent forward and I let out a fart..........right onto someone's face behind me. I turned around and our eyes locked. He moved aside and kept walking up as I caught my breath. I hope I never have to see him again. 
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

look at the flip side ... you both get a good story out of it.

"some I'm walking up the stairs, I'm feeling a little winded so I'm breathing heavy, and you're not going to believe what this prick right in front of me does..."

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
two more days before our analyst is "reassigned" (no, that's not pissing me off)

this morning, she could not get her computer mouse to work. She recalled when we unplugged it and 10 minutes later she opened a tech repair ticket, but no, it was plugged in. She calls me over "can you please help meeeee" as she sat there paralyzed at her desk.

there was a piece of ******* lint in the mouse's optical sensor. Took 10 seconds to figure out.

:fu:

I don't know how some people survive life 101.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well, a couple of things.

First, delivery. I'm sure everyone here has had a fucked up, as in obviously tossed around, or ice cold pizza delivered. Then you're fucked, as you waited until you're almost ready to eat something else, it shows up, and what do you do? Refuse messed up pizza and starve or take messed up pizza? So delivery can be subject to long wait times and/or a messed up pizza.

Don't know where you get your Pizzas but I've never had a fucked up order (even from Dominoes when I still used them). If come in at different times, couldn't the person coming later simply pick up the Pizza?

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
two more days before our analyst is "reassigned" (no, that's not pissing me off)

this morning, she could not get her computer mouse to work. She recalled when we unplugged it and 10 minutes later she opened a tech repair ticket, but no, it was plugged in. She calls me over "can you please help meeeee" as she sat there paralyzed at her desk.

there was a piece of ******* lint in the mouse's optical sensor. Took 10 seconds to figure out.

ffffuuuu.gif

I don't know how some people survive life 101.

Ha I called IT yesterday because I couldn't log on to my office's network. During our conversation I mentioned how I had moved offices and just set up a new PC (intern did it for me). The rep asked if the network cord was connected... cue sheepish laugh and, "no" from me. I wonder if the intern did it on purpose so I had to make the silly phone call.

Anyway, with all the dumb things that can make your equipment not work in the office, I'm not opposed to asking questions as opposed to troubleshooting "because I should know better" for 20 minutes.

Thing Pissing Me Off: I started my new job yesterday and I have no clue what I'll be working on (I know the overall job but don't have my assignments/portfolio yet). Yes, I know it won't last long but I feel odd having no reason to say that I'm procrastinating

Last edited:

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) scope the place for best receptionist/client admin girl to begin multi-year flirtation program w. Say you're going to sbux and offer her one. Obv if she delines go anyway. In a mos time you'll be often snagging her one too or going together
2) scope w/c for best stall to use. Trial run if able aka #1 of 2,439 sh*ts. (don't GF the men's room on your first day tho of course :p )

If you're thorough this DD should take all day. Since you're an SFer you should have np filling the gaps ;)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Don't know where you get your Pizzas but I've never had a fucked up order (even from Dominoes when I still used them). If come in at different times, couldn't the person coming later simply pick up the Pizza?

It's not that the order is fucked up but rather the right pizza is either cold or been tossed around so a mess. As to picking it up...yeah, we pick up the take and bake. ;)

I'm obviously not alone in this filling an occasional need or this would not be a thing.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How the f is my effective tax rate for this 35%? I don't understand.

Fed and state allowances set to 1 each.

Bonus was lumped into base pay together; maybe that's why.

You're new to this whole bonus thing, aren't you?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Newbie, bonuses always get withheld at a far higher rate.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You're new to this whole bonus thing, aren't you?

Nah. I've received many bonuses in the past. Yet, every single time, i end up disappointed with the net pay, even though my projections are always increasingly downward.

I can never win.

The best bonus I received was one that was grossed up for taxes. Dat bonus was FAT

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How the f is my effective tax rate for this 35%? I don't understand.

Fed and state allowances set to 1 each.

Bonus was lumped into base pay together; maybe that's why.

They usually tax it at least at the bracket above your normal income because it might bump your income into the next bracket. You'll get back the difference as a return during tax time if it doesn't bump you into the next bracket.

My bonuses are always taxed at like 46%.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member