• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm in a ****** place, mentally, at the moment and its really ******* with my ****.

Is this connected to any particular circumstances that you can identify (and that you might hopefully be able to exercise some control over)? I remember you had a problem with the hostel.

In any event, I'll use my wishing powers to wish you the best.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm in a ****** place, mentally, at the moment and its really ******* with my ****.

Sorry to hear about this. Have you considered therapy?

As for me.. I'm sick as ****. Head is pounding. Anyone ever fly with a cold/flu/sinus infection? The cabin air pressure difference (only when you're descending, strangely) causes IMMENSE pain in your sinuses. On a scale of 0-10, with 10 being shot in the stomach or being burned alive, this pain was at least a 6, if not a 7. I mean, it was ******* debilitating.

It felt like someone was drilling a pick axe into my forehead and twisting and churning it around.

You could also feel the pressure buildup inside 'drift' around.. so it started around my nose/forehead area, and then it traveled to my right ear. ******* felt like my ear drum was going to explode.

I immediately stopped doing work and just shed a couple tears from all the pain. It was terrible. Miserable. Ugh.

Apparently it's called aerosinusitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosinusitis).

On the bright side, my manager said I could come in at noon tomorrow, so yay!

Edit: and I'm getting decimated by the stock market.. Oh JOY!

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

every now and again my wife has pms as I am about to leave on a trip, and I have to hear all the bitching about how I am leaving her to have fun. she goes on and on about why can't she do all the fun travel and I stay at home with the kids. one of these days my patience will snap, and I will mention that she chose to study art history, and I chose to develop a career in international business.

stay strong, my fun travelling brother!

i'm back in puebla now, staying at the hostel i was at before. apparently, the idiotic young girl who worked there 2 weeks ago when I was there, wrote a complaint about me to hosteling international. says i'm a racist, troublemaker, and all around *************. she's since been fired, i just found out about this, and now the hostel is trying to kick me out. the other hostel in town is full. this has not been a good morning.

stay strong, my racist p.o.s. of a brother!

++++++++++

so yesterday was our 12th wedding anniversary. me and the wife met up in this nice french place, and I was terribly hungry. she had the veal kidney, I had the duck confit. and we also shared a steak tartare. and I'm not sure if I ate too fast or the food was disagreeable but I spent the night writhing in pain, throwing up and repeat until 2 in the morning. hmmm.... then again, I guess its better than 12 years ago, during the wedding party my father got so drunk and I had to worry about bringing my family home.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Is this connected to any particular circumstances that you can identify (and that you might hopefully be able to exercise some control over)? I remember you had a problem with the hostel.
In any event, I'll use my wishing powers to wish you the best.

Thank you kind sir. I've just been a walking black cloud lately. Everywhere I go ****** things seem to happen. I can't shake the bastard either.

As for me.. I'm sick as ****. Head is pounding. Anyone ever fly with a cold/flu/sinus infection? The cabin air pressure difference (only when you're descending, strangely) causes IMMENSE pain in your sinuses. On a scale of 0-10, with 10 being shot in the stomach or being burned alive, this pain was at least a 6, if not a 7. I mean, it was ******* debilitating.
It felt like someone was drilling a pick axe into my forehead and twisting and churning it around.
You could also feel the pressure buildup inside 'drift' around.. so it started around my nose/forehead area, and then it traveled to my right ear. ******* felt like my ear drum was going to explode.
I immediately stopped doing work and just shed a couple tears from all the pain. It was terrible. Miserable. Ugh.
Apparently it's called aerosinusitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosinusitis).

That sounds particularly unpleasant. I've had the reverse with scuba diving. Not at all fun.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had this happen when I flew with Tonsilitis. Not fun at all.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

I have to teach five courses all back to back tomorrow, starting at 9:30 and ending at 4:45, with no time for lunch. My voice is still in pretty poor shape. I have no idea how I'm going to do it. Then a conference presentation on Thursday.

I do this twice a week. :/

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I do this twice a week. :/

Are you suffering from laryngitis when you do it? If so, I'm very keen to hear how you make it through. I'm really worried I'm not going to make it.

EDIT to add that I shouldn't have yelled when Carlos Beltran hit his second home run for the Cardinals tonight. I didn't do it on purpose.

Last edited:

Cordwinder

Reaction score
My laptop screen won't turn on. It would flicker just a bit just to show its on, showing the Windows logo but the screen would go black.
I can hear the hard disk spinning so I know everything else works. I asked a friend if he had a spare monitor I can borrow till my laptop stops working which he has but hasn't let me know when I can borrow it. I can get it repaired but I can pay a little extra and buy a second hand laptop newer than the one I have. Just as I thought I can buy myself a new TV, my laptop stops working.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, today is going to be a particularly long day.

Had to pick up the gf from a train station 1,5 hours drive away last night, when she came back from a weekend in Paris. Although I love to have her back home, the 4 hours total spend last night were directly subtracted from my sleep, making me tired and not really in the mood for **** today.

Unfortunately my md seems to have a week in which he is even less able than normal to function, giving out random requests for information and generally just ******* up my workflow. Nothing more annoying than a person who is in charge that thinks he is being smart, then just falls flat on his face when you call him out on his bullshit and consequently gets even more erratic in his behavior.

I really, REALLY hope the other job offer comes through one of these weeks...

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Are you suffering from laryngitis when you do it? If so, I'm very keen to hear how you make it through. I'm really worried I'm not going to make it.
EDIT to add that I shouldn't have yelled when Carlos Beltran hit his second home run for the Cardinals tonight. I didn't do it on purpose.

Socratic or Harkness an option?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Well I don't know I have a soft voice and I don't teach to more than 2x students at a time (I don't use a mic though). I get a little sore sometimes but I always drink water.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I actually suffered a ruptured ear drum from that situation.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've done it. The landing was quite horrid as you said. It was rather like you forgot to swallow or open your jaw. At one point I couldn't hear anything and I thought it couldn't actually get any worse but it turned out we were still not on final approach.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I washed my two thickest/chunkiest sweaters last night and realized I have nowhere to dry them....

All of my clean towels have been completely soaked through and these things are too heavy for any sort of makeshift drying rack. One is now sitting on my kitchen counter and the other is sitting on my last remaining towel on the hardwood floor (which is bad since the towel is damp all of the way through but I've got no other safe surfaces to leave it on).

Had been considering washing two other sweaters...glad I didn't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads