• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unlucky OTC, I've done this about every 6 months for the last few years. Too dumb to fix the problem and too absent minded to actually remember next time!

------
Come off a big loss at work, and it seems to have sapped my energy and enthusiasm. Thinking I might take a couple of days off next week in order to catch up with friends and get my head out of the game for a bit.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new neighbors think that playing videogames on full blast till 3 am two nights in a row is acceptable.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
5am came very early for this tired old man today. I knew a 16 hour day would be no good but I had to go to a complimentary "soft open" a friend was having and eat his food and drink is booze. :)

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

5am came very early for this tired old man today. I knew a 16 hour day would be no good but I had to go to a complimentary "soft open" a friend was having and eat his food and drink is booze. :)

You are a good friend Piob, he is lucky to know you.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

You are a good friend Piob, he is lucky to know you.

Harvey, I think you would have enjoyed demonstrating your friendship in a like manner. Shame we're not in the same city.

Actually...probably good for both our livers we're not in the same city!

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The type-set proofs for my book manuscript are full of errors. I hadn't anticipated this since I'm new to the process--I thought the time-consuming previous round of proofreading was the final push. Ugh. Plus, if I make too many changes, I'll apparently be charged for additional costs.

Gorecki

Reaction score
john does in forums passing judgemet on world wide renown brands and timeless fashion staples is one of the things that is pissing me off right now... but just slightly!!!!!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about this. Have you considered therapy?
As for me.. I'm sick as ****. Head is pounding. Anyone ever fly with a cold/flu/sinus infection? The cabin air pressure difference (only when you're descending, strangely) causes IMMENSE pain in your sinuses. On a scale of 0-10, with 10 being shot in the stomach or being burned alive, this pain was at least a 6, if not a 7. I mean, it was ******* debilitating.
It felt like someone was drilling a pick axe into my forehead and twisting and churning it around.
You could also feel the pressure buildup inside 'drift' around.. so it started around my nose/forehead area, and then it traveled to my right ear. ******* felt like my ear drum was going to explode.
I immediately stopped doing work and just shed a couple tears from all the pain. It was terrible. Miserable. Ugh.
Apparently it's called aerosinusitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosinusitis).
On the bright side, my manager said I could come in at noon tomorrow, so yay!
Edit: and I'm getting decimated by the stock market.. Oh JOY!

I've done it. The landing was quite horrid as you said. It was rather like you forgot to swallow or open your jaw. At one point I couldn't hear anything and I thought it couldn't actually get any worse but it turned out we were still not on final approach.

I've had this miserable experience a few times. It's just awful.

Hope you feel better, GF.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about this. Have you considered therapy?
As for me.. I'm sick as ****. Head is pounding. Anyone ever fly with a cold/flu/sinus infection? The cabin air pressure difference (only when you're descending, strangely) causes IMMENSE pain in your sinuses. On a scale of 0-10, with 10 being shot in the stomach or being burned alive, this pain was at least a 6, if not a 7. I mean, it was ******* debilitating.
It felt like someone was drilling a pick axe into my forehead and twisting and churning it around.
You could also feel the pressure buildup inside 'drift' around.. so it started around my nose/forehead area, and then it traveled to my right ear. ******* felt like my ear drum was going to explode.
I immediately stopped doing work and just shed a couple tears from all the pain. It was terrible. Miserable. Ugh.
Apparently it's called aerosinusitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosinusitis).
On the bright side, my manager said I could come in at noon tomorrow, so yay!
Edit: and I'm getting decimated by the stock market.. Oh JOY!

I had this last time I flew to Asia. it didn't go away after a few days, so I went to urgent care and they gave me a shot of something that cleared it up within 24 hours. ******* thing was magic...I think it was a combo of steroids and antibiotics

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't call you Friday (it was a long weekend so I took an extra day off).

I met with them today and they haven't made their minds up yet about which date they want to proceed with the interviews. ( that's all right I can just cancel other jobs with clients who are locked into specific dates)

They want to do eight interviews a day over three days ( sure if you want their brains to turn to mush by the end of the first day. i myself have a bottle of dark rum at home which I will find solace in)

I have to get out of HR I am so tired of dealing with dickheads's who think one thing at 9am and by 11am have a new plan which while it involves you they do not consult you about it till they spring it on you at COB. Or you on your way to the site and you get a call from some bimbo PA telling you the day has been canceled. Pray tell why could you not have told me when we spoke at 9am? "I forgot" ( thats all right I am just the hired help)

I hate HR I cant stand Myers Briggs I do not like psychometric testing I am so fed up with emotional intelligence and other buzz words of the month and I am not getting paid enough for putting up with this ****.

All I can say is "Eloi Eloi Lama Sabachthani"

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still refuse to believe HR is a real thing, instead of a group of 400 monkeys banging on typewriters to create rules.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I still refuse to believe HR is a real thing, instead of a group of 400 monkeys banging on typewriters to create rules.

Conrad summed it up "the horror, the horror."

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've had this miserable experience a few times. It's just awful.
Hope you feel better, GF.

Thank you, sir.

I had this last time I flew to Asia. it didn't go away after a few days, so I went to urgent care and they gave me a shot of something that cleared it up within 24 hours. ******* thing was magic...I think it was a combo of steroids and antibiotics

Fortunately, the pain went away once we landed.. but jesus, I most definitely would have went straight to the ER if it continued after de-boarding.

As for above, HR sucks monstrous monkey dick. They interfered with our recruiting this year and fucked up every single event we held. They were supposed to 'streamline' the entire process, but they did exactly the opposite of that.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am going to be presenting at a conference this week, and for the first time in my whole career, I won't be wearing a suit. (I don't think it would be well received with this audience.) It feels really weird packing my luggage without a suit. (Who knows, maybe I will change my mind at the last minute. I wouldn't put it past me.)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am going to be presenting at a conference this week, and for the first time in my whole career, I won't be wearing a suit. (I don't think it would be well received with this audience.) It feels really weird packing my luggage without a suit. (Who knows, maybe I will change my mind at the last minute. I wouldn't put it past me.)
It would be hard for me to do a presentation without a suit, but like you, I'd try to dress according to the audience. Good luck with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics