• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is because I ate nothing except steak last week and I am chronically dehydrated.

cigs and booze. Their only drawback, ever.

I just figured three bowls of cheerios chased with brown rice and carrots and ginger beer would be enough to blow me out. but nope.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That said, all the stress of the past week is now knotting up my shoulders. I mean, they're not far from my ears and I have to keep pulling them back down.

Thomas, have you been able to keep up with the running? I recall you posting that that's how you relieve stress.

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thomas, have you been able to keep up with the running? I recall you posting that that's how you relieve stress.

Not nearly as much as I would have liked. I did knock out a half-marathon last weekend (4/1), and a couple of very short sessions since then, not nearly therapeutic enough. I'm kind of in recovery limbo, and the catch-22 of it is that if I start up too soon, recovery takes considerably longer. Now that I think of it, I haven't strung together any serious mileage in the past month, thanks to a series of blunders in the months prior.

You'd think by now I'd know better than to make mistakes like these.

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BTW: things just went from bad to worse. Wife suspects that I threw away some of her chocolates. (which, I did).

Pray for me fellas.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW: things just went from bad to worse. Wife suspects that I threw away some of her chocolates. (which, I did).
Pray for me fellas.

why the hell would you throw away perfectly good chocolate?!! :paranoia:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pray for me fellas.

my heart and prayers are with you.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Ate or actually threw away? And if threw away, you did it by mistake, right?

Threw. Away. On. Purpose. Seemed a good idea at the time. Well, since I already sound a) stupid and 2) irredeemably unsympathetic, I might as well lay it all out. We have a ton of chocolate in the house already - and generally speaking, it's always around if you know where to look, any time of year. I might have put a dent in the Chocolate Reserves, but just a dent. So there's that. But then my son - any time you put anything out in a bowl and he can reach it, he empties the damn thing. I watched him empty a serving dish (big bowl) of peanuts and candy corn over the course of 30 minutes. Just robotic hand -> mouth ->repeat action. I wish he did this for broccoli, etc, but nope. Anytime there is anything sweet out in bowls, he empties it. And, FWIW, I don't think he has any control over this, or hasn't yet learned how to exert this control over himself. We certainly haven't been able to train or punish this behavior away over the past few years. Why the Mrs. still sets this stuff out and pretends we're all normal is a complete mystery.

I chalk it up to PTSD, Saturday sucked and Sunday was straight-up awful, shouting matches and stomping and late arrivals with cold dishes that made us wait considerably longer than expected to eat. Plus, my brother has his own sorrow that we're all more or less in on, but I can't really share that. Dammit, this Easter was a straight-up disaster.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This thread needs to be renamed:

ITT: What are my bowel movements like today?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

This thread needs to be renamed:
ITT: What are my bowel movements like today?

That's the fiber thread - your choice whether you hit the H&B or DT versions, they both have the same value.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Threw. Away. On. Purpose. Seemed a good idea at the time. Well, since I already sound a) stupid and 2) irredeemably unsympathetic, I might as well lay it all out. We have a ton of chocolate in the house already - and generally speaking, it's always around if you know where to look, any time of year. I might have put a dent in the Chocolate Reserves, but just a dent. So there's that. But then my son - any time you put anything out in a bowl and he can reach it, he empties the damn thing. I watched him empty a serving dish (big bowl) of peanuts and candy corn over the course of 30 minutes. Just robotic hand -> mouth ->repeat action. I wish he did this for broccoli, etc, but nope. Anytime there is anything sweet out in bowls, he empties it. And, FWIW, I don't think he has any control over this, or hasn't yet learned how to exert this control over himself. We certainly haven't been able to train or punish this behavior away over the past few years. Why the Mrs. still sets this stuff out and pretends we're all normal is a complete mystery.
I chalk it up to PTSD, Saturday sucked and Sunday was straight-up awful, shouting matches and stomping and late arrivals with cold dishes that made us wait considerably longer than expected to eat. Plus, my brother has his own sorrow that we're all more or less in on, but I can't really share that. Dammit, this Easter was a straight-up disaster.

Good idea. Take the steps to prevent an obese child.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

That's crime against humanity..

What, have you two become women or something? :puzzled:

My thoughts are with you, bro. Good luck!

JayJay, you're good people. Always a kind word or encouragement. Thanks.

Good idea. Take the steps to prevent an obese child.

Always a consideration, since he gets some stick already for being bigger (taller) than the rest of the kids.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BTW, I really miss the days when I could flag a spam poast and make it disappear. Have I put a foot wrong somewhere?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics