• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jon. gets it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

we used to be cool. now you're always hateful. :(

Well you're not even inviting him to your own imaginary wedding. What the **** did you expect?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate strict page limits. I have a complex project I need to sell to a granting agency, and they decide that the references count as part of the already low ten page (doublespaced) limited. Now I need to figure out what to trim. I hate trimming, I liked all this stuff enough to write it the first time :confused:

If you'd have told me in undergrad that a ten page limit for science writing would feel too low, it probably would have blown my mind. I remember that feeling like a huge deal. Now...not so much.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hate strict page limits. I have a complex project I need to sell to a granting agency, and they decide that the references count as part of the already low ten page (doublespaced) limited. Now I need to figure out what to trim. I hate trimming, I liked all this stuff enough to write it the first time :confused:
If you'd have told me in undergrad that a ten page limit for science writing would feel too low, it probably would have blown my mind. I remember that feeling like a huge deal. Now...not so much.

Lol what the ****? That makes no sense.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you kidding me? I've written papers on whether or not evidence of race based wage discrimination exists that have been twenty pages plus, and that's without including the specification testing and only ad hoc sensitivity analysis. You've got to get them to see that if they limit you like that then they will lose nuance and the quality of the work will go down. :(

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lol what the ****? That makes no sense.

Are you kidding me? I've written papers on whether or not evidence of race based wage discrimination exists that have been twenty pages plus, and that's without including the specification testing and only ad hoc sensitivity analysis. You've got to get them to see that if they limit you like that then they will lose nuance and the quality of the work will go down. :(

Not much you can do about lobbying these government agencies to change the rules in a reasonable timeframe. They'll probably change it (again) for the next review cycle, but little consolation to me now. It was a word limit last year, which I'm well under.

I just wish I'd recognized that limit earlier, but who the hell includes references in the limits? I've never seen that before. Ten pages isn't terribly unreasonable by itself, but I have two pages of references (and it could easily have been a lot more). Glad I asked at least, would have been fun to submit the whole thing and get insta-rejected for going over the limit.

They have a character limit for the abstract, that was even better. Took me a whole day to work out the abstract. Usually you get 300 words or so, this was 1500 characters including spaces (lol). I ended up at around 187 words, which is stupid short. 1478 characters. I don't know what they're thinking here.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

small font

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worrying about my exams. They're basically all finished, but im just worried I didn't meet my offer. American system sounds nice where they just tell you if you got in or not. Only need a very low A in this one module or 2Bs over 2 modules and I probably got a perfect score in one of them, but im still really worried. Confidence has been at an all time low for some reason, feeling *********** gym and im really nervous about a job interview I have tomorrow.

hobo style

Reaction score
Too much rain/snow, not enough sun.
Covet the Peal & Co. cordovan boot but they cost $1250 at the Toronto BB.
Giant sh*t on deck since morning but can't get the required privacy to deal with it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona Umar