• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ugh, well another friend just set me up for drinks with a hot attorney who is also Czech.
1) I don't want to drink.
2) How would I be able to afford going out with a lawyer?
3) This is a lot of pressure.
4) What could I possibly have to talk about?

She is Czech and might be looking for a green card...

You're in ..

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hate the phrase "live vicariously through". I swear that this must have been on a TV show, or in a movie about 5 years ago and every dope in the world decided to use it whenever they could as a feeble attempt at lofty diction.

I've always preferred Axl Rose's version, which was released far more than five years ago:

"Vicarious existence is a fuckin' waste of time."

Ugh, well another friend just set me up for drinks with a hot attorney who is also Czech.

1) Does not compute.
2) Two words: Kept Man
3) With any luck, she'll say the same thing after being under you at the end of the evening.
4) See if FLMM will bombard you with texts while you're on your date. The inverse worked out pretty well for him.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Don't worry. With your frame of mind, I can assure you this is not even going to be a remote possibility.

I say this with full love for you - you sad sack motherfuckers need to snap the hell out of it. You are who you are. Even though some of you think your lives suck, believe me, they don't. Many of you have traveled. You don't have to go so far as down the street to see people who are really fucked. I went down to Hampden (classic working-class white neighborhood in Baltimore that is somewhat famous thanks to John Waters for it's "Hon" culture, think "Hairspray," now popular with hipsters) yesterday on an errand. There were two tatted-up dudes walking with an obviously drunk, overweight woman, all in their 20s, with two little girls about 5 years old trailing behind them, making a bunch of noise and swearing about some "******* yuppies" who needed to "get the **** out of our neighborhood."

Those 2 little girls? They've got problems.

You've never been in an era where you were freer to be yourself, or had more opportunities to find people like you to socialize with.

Seriously, snap out of it. This poor old me bullshit isn't helping anyone, least of all yourselves. Get some goddamned counseling.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What is this bullshit with "there's something wrong with me, I don't know why I don't want to drink?" You don't want to drink for some reason? What is it? Man up to it. Identify it. It's ok not to drink. Say it, be it, it doesn't matter. People can respect that. People who can't aren't your friends anyways.

I mean crap, is it so hard to go out and choke down a single glass of wine? God dammit Ed, and Rambo, and a few others.... you guys can be so infuriating. ****.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What is this bullshit with "there's something wrong with me, I don't know why I don't want to drink?" You don't want to drink for some reason? What is it? Man up to it. Identify it. It's ok not to drink. Say it, be it, it doesn't matter. People can respect that. People who can't aren't your friends anyways.
I mean crap, is it so hard to go out and choke down a single glass of wine? God dammit Ed, and Rambo, and a few others.... you guys can be so infuriating. ****.

People who don't drink are generally real wet blankets. There is a huge difference between having a drink or two and getting wasted.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

while i do agree with you i really don't have a reason not to drink. I was detoxing this month and then decided yesterday i was going to go booze-less through to April just for something to do.

Also, I've got pretty bad social anxiety and i'm a real life Larry David which does not help things :)

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

I've always preferred Axl Rose's version, which was released far more than five years ago:
"Vicarious existence is a fuckin' waste of time."
1) Does not compute.
2) Two words: Kept Man
3) With any luck, she'll say the same thing after being under you at the end of the evening.
4) See if FLMM will bombard you with texts while you're on your date. The inverse worked out pretty well for him.

OJFC, I was about to type out these exact same responses, even down to "Did you need me to text you every two minutes? That seems to work out well." :evolve:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am probably the biggest Larry David in the world in terms of not buying into many social etiquettes and being a hypochondriac. People and social situations don't give me anxiety, however. I just think a lot of norms are stupid.

Did you you say you were saving up some money by not drinking?

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am probably the biggest Larry David in the world in terms of not buying into many social etiquettes and being a hypochondriac. People and social situations don't give me anxiety, however. I just think a lot of norms are stupid.
Did you you say you were saving up some money by not drinking?

that is a desirable by-effect, yes.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

while i do agree with you i really don't have a reason not to drink. I was detoxing this month and then decided yesterday i was going to go booze-less through to April just for something to do.
Also, I've got pretty bad social anxiety and i'm a real life Larry David which does not help things :)

There are very effective treatments for this, Ed. No need to just live with it. Hell, some studies show exercise alone is as good as talk/med therapy for anxiety and depression.

OJFC, I was about to type out these exact same responses, even down to "Did you need me to text you every two minutes? That seems to work out well." :evolve:

:laugh: :fu:

Incidentally, that's the best use of the evolve smiley I've ever seen.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You aren't helping anything, MrG

There are very effective treatments for this, Ed. No need to just live with it. Hell, some studies show exercise alone is as good as talk/med therapy for anxiety and depression.

Yeah I'm working on it on my own, I've actually had like four seachanges from when I started college. It was really bad then.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The other times people puked in my bed all happened the last semester of college when we were raging (and i was interviewing). My ****** college house didnt have locks on my door so even though i shut it before leaving, drunken ***** would just stumble in and do their bidness.

Its been awhile since people have disrespected my **** but im moving pretty soon and work has been sucking my soul lately so im too indifferent to care about **** like this anymore.

Being an adult is overrated. I wish i was a kid again :(

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member