• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

prozach1576

Reaction score
Yeah, let out the jacket sleeves. Personally I would have the jacket taken in a little bit to give it some more shape but that would be optional.

Good fit.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually this looks pretty good! I thought I recognized the fabric... I have the same one.
The one thing I might do if I were you is let out the jacket sleeves about 1/2". It seems like there is just a bit too much cuff showing for my tastes.

I actually like that effect although his right side looks like it's showing more than his left. If both sides would look like the left side, it would be good IMO. The right side is a tad too high.

The end of the sleeves just graze my wrist bones, resulting in a good amount of the shirt sleeves showing.

Be sure you properly pull down your jacket before you take the pictures for a true representation. :)

Last edited:

f-tard

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm going to do another order with TAT, was hoping to get some feedback on my first order so that I can improve the MTM process. Here's the first order I did with getsmart, it was a tux for my wedding. Overall, jason did a pretty awesome job. I know he offers higher armholes on request, do you think that would help in my case? There seems to be a bit of extra room/fabric in the chest around the pit area in the front and back...was thinking higher armholes might be a fix right there. The tux picture has no shoulder padding, but in my case as much as I love the unstructured shoulder feel I think I may need some light padding. I'm also going to do the inseam a hair longer. Any critique/feedback to improve the fit for my next order would be great. Thanks in advance!

Raven Tooth

Reaction score
@ l1mab3an. I agree with the above comments by prozach. You could bring in the sides a little if you want a more fitted look. Cuff should should show 1/2" beyond jacket sleeve. Keep in mind, your shirt sleeve length should fit as desired first. Although it looks pretty good it may be slightly long. Then tailor your jacket to show 1/4-1/2" shirt sleeve. I think the full 1/2" looks best, but no more.

I just ordered my first TaT suit. I hope it arrives fitting as well as yours!

Slickman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm going to do another order with TAT, was hoping to get some feedback on my first order so that I can improve the MTM process. Here's the first order I did with getsmart, it was a tux for my wedding. Overall, jason did a pretty awesome job. I know he offers higher armholes on request, do you think that would help in my case? There seems to be a bit of extra room/fabric in the chest around the pit area in the front and back...was thinking higher armholes might be a fix right there. The tux picture has no shoulder padding, but in my case as much as I love the unstructured shoulder feel I think I may need some light padding. I'm also going to do the inseam a hair longer. Any critique/feedback to improve the fit for my next order would be great. Thanks in advance!

Is that the black mohair or midnight blue?

PDinh

Reaction score
Good look gbear; got my vbc suit in but had the tailor hem the pants for no break and had the suit taken in a bit. Will post pics when I get the suit back though!

uirugger

Reaction score
What causes that shoulder pulling? I Have a suit coming in the new few weeks would like to mentally prepare myself.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow - that shoulder-collar area pulling is really bad...

What causes that shoulder pulling? I Have a suit coming in the new few weeks would like to mentally prepare myself.

If I had to take a guess it's because he's "in motion", he's physically raising his arms while the suit is buttoned so it causes the wrinkling. As for the actual cause, if you look at the stress it's very tight around his shoulders. My guess is that the suit fits in the shoulders but (and I mean no offense) his shoulders are pretty boney/skinny so it doesn't drape perfectly.

silvercitynyc

Reaction score
If I had to take a guess it's because he's "in motion", he's physically raising his arms while the suit is buttoned so it causes the wrinkling. As for the actual cause, if you look at the stress it's very tight around his shoulders. My guess is that the suit fits in the shoulders but (and I mean no offense) his shoulders are pretty boney/skinny so it doesn't drape perfectly.

I am no expert, but I would bet that (a) it's only half-canvassed, with canvass in the chest piece but not extending all the way under the collar area / through to the lapel OR (b) there's simply too much excess fabric there where it shouldn't be.

Almost similar to the reason the top of a shoulder will divot....because it doesn't have enough width of the fabric to properly drape over the shoulder (this being the opposite case).

However, I defer to the true sartorial experts.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^TaT jackets are fully canvassed.

Jacket is part of the a suit:
tumblr_m4n0sqjtLA1rux7jzo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_m4n0sqjtLA1rux7jzo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_m4n0sqjtLA1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads