• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Blue Blue Japan, Christian Kimber, Roue libre and the calamityware giant robot from Kent Wang.

Disclaimer: I got the square for free but I did choose it.
The marketing director of Kent Wang reached out to me to see if I wanted to feature some of their squares on the blog and agreed for several reasons:
I’ve had a few companies contact me to get their product featured but until now I’ve always refused because I’d never wear their products in real life. Kent Wang was different - I already own a number of their grenadine ties, linen pocket squares, silver knot cufflinks and one of their long sleeve polos. I like their product and I like the company.
I was really thrilled that they reached out to me and got the idea of taking five squares and featuring them in a number of different outfits. Most guys wear their squares with suits and ties but there’s no reason it has to be that way.
Over the next few days, I’ll be featuring five different squares worn casually and in the traditional way.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

$~itty quality pic from instagram 'cause Flickr still hasn't got its editing softwear up and running again.
-TTO

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Nice weather for a coffee outside today.

RKStHbI.jpg

Johnbull and Indigofera with Edwin and RMW under the table.

I was gonna be super critical of the facial hair but then I saw you're scandi (swedish?) so it turned into a cool black metal reference. You seem to be into "real" workwear so you should post more fits, nw that the craze has died down it is nice to see what people are currently into.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

ne / boden / eg / np / apc / visvim -- (details)
Really nice shirt here you pant-roller.
Been wearing a lot of the same pieces lately. Basic fit for a night out to an underground bar.
our legacy linen first shirt / jan-jan van essche trousers / ann demeulemeester derbies
WTF is an underground bar, like it is literally in a cave? Bottom out the outfit is fine but the rumpled linen shirt just looks messy and not so interesting. Maybe wear a jacket so it isn't so central

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Monitaly jacket MoCA tee (Frank Stella homage) Levis adidas
Those collegiate jackets just look funny to me when they're black and with lots of leather, it is almost like a bizarro universe where goth wore that stuff in the 80s.
Ditch the loafers, the rest of the outfit is like cold weather and sorta rough/country.
carrier company, travail en famille, margaret howell, e tautz, doc martens
Nice silhouette but would like it better with lighter shoes, maybe trainers.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads