• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After work casual.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shmoo that first fit is 10/10.

Mr Venneri grey t spoils the whole fit for me. I think it would also be better with a cosy cream sweater or roll neck untucked and boots

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
+1

Change up the shirt for a basic t-shirt, turtleneck, sweater, anything really, and good to go. Boots jeans and trucker jacket are saying rough casual weekend. Shirt and ew undershirt are saying office.

I don wanna see your undershirt even in business wear
Jeans are casual, button up shirts like that with a solid light color are formal, so please don't tuck into jeans, just doesn't really make sense.
Maybe if you had a sleek boot/dress shoe, and put a cardigan or sweater over the shirt, then it would make sense to tuck in (without the jacket) as afterwork casual.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looked like a bad ass yoox stock pic for a second

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am probably in the minority, but I don't mind tees underneath button up shirts. But usually white looks best, not a dark tee. to me it's an American look but I guess not always.

With that MrVenneri fit, I think the tucked-in, smart-casual look is better with shorter jeans. If you do the small turn-up (which I really like) it looks good a little shorter so you show off the boot and create a cleaner line. More mod/skin. Longish jeans with cuffs always seem sad to me.

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

Change up the shirt for a basic t-shirt, turtleneck, sweater, anything really, and good to go. Boots jeans and trucker jacket are saying rough casual weekend. Shirt and ew undershirt are saying office.

I don wanna see your undershirt even in business wear
Jeans are casual, button up shirts like that with a solid light color are formal, so please don't tuck into jeans, just doesn't really make sense.
Maybe if you had a sleek boot/dress shoe, and put a cardigan or sweater over the shirt, then it would make sense to tuck in (without the jacket) as afterwork casual.

I appreciate the insight and agree on most of your suggestions. A sweater would have been better! In fact, full disclosure...Here's how this fit came to be. I get home from my office, change into that grey tee and sweatpants (it's winter). Wife comes home, wants me to run a few errands. I throw on the shirt I wore to the office since it was still hanging up and that pair of brown weft 18oz 3sixteen denim. I never wear undershirts...ever...but I was cold and running to Lowes. On the way out the door she tells me to stop, pose, takes the picture, and I'm gone.

However, I refuse to leave a collared shirt untucked. For me, I consider that look sloppy and juvenile...to each their own.

Those shoes or boots are too dressy for the jacket.

They're 64 lasted, shearling lined, ridgeway soled, Galways in country-calf...I don't get any more casual.

I am probably in the minority, but I don't mind tees underneath button up shirts. But usually white looks best, not a dark tee. to me it's an American look but I guess not always.

With that MrVenneri fit, I think the tucked-in, smart-casual look is better with shorter jeans. If you do the small turn-up (which I really like) it looks good a little shorter so you show off the boot and create a cleaner line. More mod/skin. Longish jeans with cuffs always seem sad to me.

I can understand your perspective on the shorter hem...but for me, if they're going to be cropped higher they need a taper from the knee down. Otherwise they look like bell-bottoms flipping in the wind. I don't necessarily cuff my denim for style...I do so to avoid the indigo transfer on my suede boots/shoes.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads