• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naka

Reaction score

all blues
eg-coat_zpspgfhaqqw.jpg
eg-jacket%201_zpsorvd2sid.jpg
eg-deets_zpsj5bpzegg.jpg
eg-detail-shoes_zpshtdlgops.jpg
eg-coat-f%201_zpsikiaxkmw.jpg
eg salmon people eg dungaree bedford uniqlo uld 3sixteen cs 3sixteen indigo-dyed chucks
Love the colours, but not really feeling the really chunky cuff. I think if you rolled once or twice more it'd really help with the visual weight of the cuff looking off against the slimmer silhouette of the chucks. Layering is really nice.

SilchasRuin

Reaction score
Yeah, the prior weeks I had seen Lupe Fiasco, Muse, and Ratatat. I think I'm going to just stick to contemporary music and show up in sweats/jeans/anything that won't get me judged by wealthy "high class" older people.

I think that dressing up for concerts bit is overstated. I've been attending classical concerts for 15+ years, since my mid-20s (Philly, DC, MPO to name a few) and have not put on a suit or a jacket - ever. Sweaters/nice slacks, or dark jeans/dress shoes/dark tailored shirt: so smart but not-to-be-confused-with-office-wear. Never felt out of place, or been look at in askance. I think the only exception is probably the VPO or the Berliner - where I'd be surprised if the dress code did not mandate a jacket.

The other exception is self-imposed: I am flying to Moscow in May to hear the St Petersburg Orchestra play Shostakovich, and for that, i will wear a jacket but that is b/c this is performance has been a grail of mine. I have tickets to a few other shows, and for those, i am going to be back to my usual smart-casual.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cold Monday.

I don't wear the Nigel Cabourn that much these day's, but for a cold winter's day walking round London it seemed a good idea. Went to the garden painting exhibition at the RA - 'From Monet to Matisse'. Mainly Impressionist and Avant Garde - I was particularly taken with Joachim Sorolla's work.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

pe3brain

Reaction score

Trying out a new outfit, the EG Shawl is causing the cardigan to pull more than I would like, but other than that and hemming the pants I'm pretty happy with it!

EG 15FW
Jcrew,
EG 15FW
JCF
EG 14FW
RW

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any NG in 54/56 you want to get rid off? ;)

No I'm hanging on to what I've got, but probably won't be buying much more :)

I like the Mallory's, but I'm not sure I need more than three when we only get a few weeks of really cold weather these days. I'm not sure where he's going with the brand - boring collaborations with Fred Perry, summer collections that left me cold and without wanting to risk libel the Sportswear Direct collaborations were with a company that I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. I'm hoping he'll get back to focusing on what he's good at and that his prices won't continue on their current trajectory.

-EG Cruiser Jacket
-EG Bedford
-RRL Work Shirt
-OrSlow Fatigues
-OSB Trench Boots
-Tanner Goods Belt

Needs a better photo - prop your camera on something, set the timer and step back.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i missed this first time this looks great
all blues
eg-coat_zpspgfhaqqw.jpg
eg-jacket%201_zpsorvd2sid.jpg
eg-deets_zpsj5bpzegg.jpg
eg-detail-shoes_zpshtdlgops.jpg
eg-coat-f%201_zpsikiaxkmw.jpg
eg salmon people eg dungaree bedford uniqlo uld 3sixteen cs 3sixteen indigo-dyed chucks

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cold and misty Tuesday:

All Kapital apart from the Red Wing Engineer boots. First time I've tried the boots with a boot-tuck, but I think it works with the coat length.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads