• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From a show I played yesterday. Not my main band but something put together to raise money for the arts.

LGR sunnies
LUC tent fabric jacket
Acne tee
Layer-0 linen pants
Layer-0 boots

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

clark kent

Reaction score
berlin, thats the best fit i've seen on here in a while. the best part is that i'm not quite sure why i like it so much

mbaum

Reaction score
That Hansen stuff is pretty cool. Never heard of them/ him before this fit. But it seems Am Rag in LA might carry him so I will go check it out.

Last edited:

VitaTimH

Reaction score
Temperature dipped below 70 today a nice respite from the heat as I don't have air conditioning :) Sorry for the bad pic, photographing dark clothing is such a pain. For what it's worth, jacket is dark blue, inner layer is black, pants are brown, shoes are blue.

soloist CPO
soloist retro flight jacket
visvim zermatt pants
yuketen ripple sole

I've been playing around with using the flight jacket as an inner layer lately as it's so form-fitting, much more so than a traditional MA-1. I think it works fairly well, thoughts? (Worn as an outer layer here)

Last edited:

eluther

Reaction score
Spent the last few weeks catching up on ~200 pages of fits. Like a lot of folks said, much better than summers past. So much variety and so many dope new semi-regular posters. So many white coats and tan suits...

@Caustic Man – All of your fits look like they belong in the CM Casual thread. Nothing wrong with that, but you mentioned a few times "upping your SWD game," and you got much better at doing casual **** (aside from those blue tennis shoes which have got to go), but you don't seem like you want to branch out from there. Not that you should. But you could.

@AlexanderTG – Insane to see how you've dialed in all black everything. I think some of your fits could stand to have a collared shirt in there. Not a necessity – you've got what you're doing down, but just something to consider.

@thatoneguy – Where do you kop all this Harnden stuff?

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You all look fantastic! Let me just hose things down a bit with some cotton dobby suit + rescue cat action...

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@eluther Thanks for the kudos. I have a lot of collared shirts in the closet. Mostly Norse, APC, Gitman, some EG and Needles. It generally comes out in the warmer months but I'm still unsure how much of it will jibe with the avant makers I've focused on over these past 18 months. I have a great collared black IE shirt I've worn a bit but I guess the crew necks just blend in a bit more.

Definitely will do some more experimenting this fall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads