• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fiercekrypton

Reaction score

JSAN

Reaction score

Hey guys, I've been active on other parts of the forum for a while now. I've gone through both SWD fit threads, but haven't posted fit pics here yet. There will be a bunch of simple fits to start out with to get feedback on fit and combinations. I like posters like synthese, lorcan, gnatty and dlester, and would like to start moving towards those aesthetics.

Nice try SVB

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
suggestions on where to find a good tweed sport coat and what color ? In gonna try to get some selvedge straight jeans.
@tweedydon often has stuff and his prices are good - especially if at this point you are still working out what you like.

We can all help you along the path, but remember that the point of clothes is not that other people think you look good in them, but that you feel like a million dollars when you wear them. A lot of that feeling comes as a result of the journey. Figuring out what works with your body shape, what gets a compliment from the girl in starbucks, what works for your lifestyle.

Say you find a photo of someone you think dresses well. We can all help you acquire exactly those clothes. But without the journey, you'll never wear them with the same confidence as that person, as a result you'll never get that look.

So experiment, ask us for advice, tell us what doesn't work for you, find your look, and never forget to enjoy the process.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great look... I couldn't pull that off. Not many could but you look great. Looking thinner...

Just one thing missing.

A pint.

MoK on a roll since he returned. Nothing but awesome fits and a lot of crazy (good) experimentation. 

Thanks folks - I'm enjoying summer dressing this year. Pints are being consumed :)

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday - cooling off in the shade:

EG x2, Birks

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the 1940s longshoreman MOK with the short hair, black boots and tough workwear jackets to come round the corner at any moment.

Its fun to see this flower-power side, too. (as you may know, I've got both inclinations as well).

Last edited:

Tsujigiri

Reaction score

Range day. Half jacket Oakleys, Old navy shirt, lucky jeans, red wings boots, Timex world time, and #beretta px4 9mm.

+ Bersa 380?

It seems like all of your shirts are a bit too tight. They bunch up in odd places and are stretched taught in others. Even on a rail skinny guy that's not the best kind of fit. I'd go a little looser.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads