• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yohji Wednesday - looking a bit rumpled after a 2hr car journey:

Y's
YYPH
Birks

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yohji Wednesday - looking a bit rumpled after a 2hr car journey:

Y's
YYPH
Birks

Mine always seem to end up sloppier and uneven like these (regardless of fabric):

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine always seem to end up sloppier and uneven like these (regardless of fabric):
LL
These are a very weighty linen which helps

fiercekrypton

Reaction score

daaaang @Lorcan7
fuckin' love that hat
c'mon man, how is that helpful at all to a newb - we've already got nahneun to cover the glowing welcomes

@fiercekrypton - the jacket isn't the nicest, but for a department store buy it's not horrible. I recommend going for a lighter grey soft wool or linen jacket with unstructured shoulders (i.e. no padding or very little padding) and as far as the shirt, I would avoid painted or whatever buttons like that, just try in the future to stay away from that, especially if those are snap buttons. This is pretty basic advice, so there's obviously a lot more you can do - like different coloured jacket other than grey, a navy or something - just stay away from suity looking type jackets if you're going to wear jeans. Or pray to Rao for guidance.
interesting, I wonder if I get a pass with snap buttons living in the south. I see people wearing them all the time but I'll avoid snaps from now on. Thx for telling kingofyoung to relax but now that I've seen his style his words mean absolutely nothing haha. Cheers.

fiercekrypton

Reaction score

Seeing this the thought that came in the first second was, this is some kind of action movie star. Really Really nice man. Where are the individual bits of the outfit from?

This is crazy epic. Wish I had a single outfit this good.

fiercekrypton

Reaction score

Yesterday Today I think the shoes are weak in today's fit but didn't want to wear black low tops. Might get some white or even beige or cream low tops for casual outfits like this. @orlais Looks cool, wish we could see it better. Pants fit is nice.
Sry meant to quote this. First outfit is awesome.

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kindofyoung how good is tiger of sweden? We have some over here but most definitely overpriced.
I'm no expert but most of the stuff I've handled seems nice enough albeit a bit overpriced like you said. Paid more for this cap than I would have preferred but had been searching for 2 years for one that fit my head so it wasn't that hard to justify anyway (+front is made out of suede which is a nice bonus)
How can a solid white shirt that has been tailored be bad? I've never worn a sports coat before so I'm a lil clueless as far as that goes.
eh it uses snap-buttons, something I just generally associate with kids shirts. A good cheap alternative would be a white uniqlo oxford (the casual "thick" ones)
interesting, I wonder if I get a pass with snap buttons living in the south. I see people wearing them all the time but I'll avoid snaps from now on. Thx for telling kingofyoung to relax but now that I've seen his style his words mean absolutely nothing haha. Cheers.
lol damn
good choice to stay away from snaps though
It is completely possible. I have lost 70 lbs in the last 9 months so all my sizing happens on a monthly basis right now.
Good work, and while my initial comment was a bit harsh your outfit is fine in theory. Jeans and boots both look totally decent, a white shirt is almost always good (just avoid the aforementioned snaps) and a blazer with that can totally work. Just try and find something more simple and casual, for example without the extravagant piping around all the edges and in a less dressy/shiny fabric.

Lastly, you might find this website helpful:
http://effortlessgent.com/start-here/
(just scroll down past the books he's selling and read through the articles he has linked and you should have the basics covered for the style you seem to aim for)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

From the MC Black and White FC

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads