• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

xeoniq

Reaction score
Tangential, but this isn’t true by any metric. It might not be the sole or dominant platform for the younger generations, but still has 500M daily active users and 2B monthly with revenue last year around $50B. Hardly dying, I’d say.
Might want to check where the majority of those users are from and what kind of content they are consuming if not engaging in. In the context of this conversation and Instagram's existence as a relevant platform for men's fashion, my point stands.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
She sells a lot online. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of her revenue is online sales.
Agree. But I was thinking back to when she was at J Gilbert which is a now defunct shop that oddly sold mostly women's wear, Aldens and Lucchese cowboy boots. I think they had Rider shoes for a while. I used to stop in semi-regularly and I recall running into the same Alden customers a lot.

The original founder of styfo was a Seattle guy.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
well anyway here's a fit

DSCF0323.jpg

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Is this custom? The fit is perfect for what it is.

which? the shirt? yes, it's MTM from Proper Cloth. the denim is Levi's 517

shirt fit is good, but I've adjusted it to be a little more generous on more recent orders. no matter how hard they try there is still some variability in how fabrics make up and in shrinkage, so some margin of error seems to help.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Agree. But I was thinking back to when she was at J Gilbert which is a now defunct shop that oddly sold mostly women's wear, Aldens and Lucchese cowboy boots. I think they had Rider shoes for a while. I used to stop in semi-regularly and I recall running into the same Alden customers a lot.

The original founder of styfo was a Seattle guy.

Miss the forum for a few days and I find out we're crawling with Seattleites. I have a pair of Luccheses I bought from J Gilbert maybe 20 years ago. I don't know who's wearing all the Aldens B+M sells, but you don't see them at lunch around Seattle or Bellevue.

If anyone wants to do a Seattle gtg for happy hour or whatever I'm in.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Miss the forum for a few days and I find out we're crawling with Seattleites. I have a pair of Luccheses I bought from J Gilbert maybe 20 years ago. I don't know who's wearing all the Aldens B+M sells, but you don't see them at lunch around Seattle or Bellevue.

If anyone wants to do a Seattle gtg for happy hour or whatever I'm in.

I had a guy at work spot my Aldens a few weeks ago. He told he had just bought his first cordovan pair from B & M.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
selemorra